bands in fife/Tayside

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lafone, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lafone

lafone New Member

I'm a student in St Andrews looking for a new 4th/3rd section band. I have been playing Solo/Rep for 3rd section band in Yorkshire and want to find a band who have a good social life, but also who might stretch me a bit.

Anybody want a cornet???? (or flugel - instrument of choice, but own a cornet)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    life
    flugel - instrument
    choice
    Anybody
  3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Hi - why don't you try Tullis Russell Mills Band - their site is here: http://www.trmb.org/ they even have their own forum and are a pretty friendly lot!

4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

PS - Welcome to tMP!! :biggrin:

5. lafone

lafone New Member

Thanks - emailed them last night!

6. tubatoothpaste

tubatoothpaste New Member

hellloooo. i play EEb bass with tullis. could do with another cornet. i think there's a space on the front row!!!! :D practice on monday and thursday nights.start at 7:45.you should just come along.

7. lafone

lafone New Member

If I get sent some directions from your secretary I shall hopefully be there tonight. Am impressed at the speed she replied to me last night!

8. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Tayport band are also a good one to try!! not sure of the website but they are called Tayport Instrumental Brass Band. I palyed for them when I lived in Dundee and they are really a good bunch of people.

9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

There is also Tayport Inststrumental Band in Tayport, and I know a few people travel from St Andrews to get there. Also City of Discovery in Dundee. I think they are both in the 2nd Section and both have web sites (don't know the address tho, I'll post them later)

10. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Hello

I've also emailed you with all the details and a contact number.See you tonight and welcome aboard.

11. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Hi lafone. Why not consider Lochgelly. Visit our website at http://www.lochgellyband.com to get a feel of what we're about. We rehearse on Tuesday and Friday nights so maybe see you along at one soon.

For info the bands around the St. Andrews area (in order of distance, closest first) are

Tayport - 2nd Section
    Dundee Instrumental - 4th Section
    City of Discovery - 2nd Section
    Buckhaven - 3rd section
    Tullis Russell - 3rd section
    Lochgelly - 2nd section
    Kingdom Brass - Championship section
    Dunfermline Town - 3rd section

a bit further north of Dundee there is also Arbroath Instrumental who are a successful 1st section band.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    life
    flugel - instrument
    choice
    Anybody
  13. Stewart

Stewart Member

If anyone at Tullis wants all the gossip on lafone before she turns up to a practice then let me know ;)

14. tubatoothpaste

tubatoothpaste New Member

i think i speak for all the band when i say i think you should tell us everything you can.;)