Bands in Birmingham

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Fifi, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Fifi

Fifi Member

i was just wondering what bands there were in the birmingham area. As i am hopefully going to birmingham next year for my uni course, i was just wondering about bands in the area which i could posibly join. If anyone knows of any?? It will help my choose of university a bit easier.
    Nikki
    xx

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham
    area
    any
    bit
    Bands
  3. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

There's quite a few...Staffordshire, Langley, Shirley, City of Birmingham to think of a few. There's also bands like Stourport who you could play for if you were prepared to travel a little bit.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The Coventry bands are also pretty near, and the chances are lifts could be arranged, if necessary.

5. jpbray

jpbray Member

6. trombelle

trombelle Member

good question nikki, you beat me to it!

are you thinking or Birmingham Uni or Aston? Hopefully I'll be at Aston :)

hope you enjoyed you shopping today, orchestra was fun ;)

7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Nikki

Try Stourport-on-Severn?...currently 2nd section...but with 2 3rd places in the regionals in 2003 and 2004 a good chance of 1st section from Jan 2006

As Tom mentioned we are a bit out of Birmingham (Kiddermister/Stourport)...but our band manger ..Richard Snape is at Bham Uni and comes to the rehearsals...so travel may not be a problem!<G>..

We are a friendly band and have a great core of regular members.....

have a look at the web site at:

http://www.stourportband.co.uk

and let us know if you would like to "play with us" as they say in "Brassed Off"...(we played in these at Wolverhampton in 1999 and BirminghM rEP IN 2003)..

best reagrds

8. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

hi trombelle

replied to nikki...if you are thinking of the Brum area...don't forget us a little further out in the country at Stourport/Kidderminster!

Rich Snape is our band manager and is at Brum Uni...so travel may not be a problem.

let us know if you come down here and maybe give us a chance?...2nd section this year...been to the nationals last 2 years.

fun and good music standard

regards

9. Fifi

Fifi Member

thanx smiffy,

as i see you are playing at pontins this year, so is my current band flixton, so ill definatly be popping down for a listen to you all!!!

As for you miss trombelle, it will be defo be birmingham university, to do a really geeky subject of biological sciences!!! what a laugh!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Nothing geeky about biology nikki!!! :cool:

Any bands in the Birmingham area looking for a new cornet player should be falling over themselves to invite Nikki over for a rehearsal! She is a cracking player and a nice lass too! (p.s mine is a triple vodka and coke nikki :-D )

11. trombelle

trombelle Member

hmmmmm......coz we all know what a big geek you are nikki! lol

maybe the legendary barss group will get as far as birmingham then! ;) lucky birmingham.......

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham
    area
    any
    bit
    Bands
  13. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Once you come down, you are more than welcome to come over to Langley. Just off J2 of M5, 15 mins from B'ham or Aston Unis.

Many good pub sessions, curries, parties etc. Ask Sparkly for first-hand experiences ;)

14. Fifi

Fifi Member

thanx rach! nice lass, arrrgh bless your sooooo nice to me!! will you still be saying that after pontins???
    lol

as for the amazing barrrs (BRASS) get your spelling right trombelle or we will never get u into uni now will we!!! lol
    its will live to fight another day!!! lol
    hehehe

nikki

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

come to WARWICK!!!!! Get drunk, meet random crazy people! I'll buy you a drink if i'm at all sober!!

16. picju96

picju96 Member

Come to Warwick to do Biological Sciences, like me!

17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Gresley Old Hall Band
    Our rep player FRAN BOWMAN is at birmingham school of music.:-D
    One of the best rep players in the 1st section midlands area

18. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

nothing wrong with biological sciences! We've got a player at Langley who's at Bham Uni doing Quantum Physics! We help her out by filling in the gaps in her knowledge:rolleyes:

19. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Indeed I do :D
    We have a few ppl in band who would be more than willing to help with 'biological sciences' ;)

Bottyburp - thought you'd forgotten all about us here on tMP!!!