Bands in Barnstaple/North Devon

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Sharpy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Due to a work relocation for 5 months I would like to find a band to have a blow with. Im based in Chivenor but have transport, also some of the other lads are looking for somewhere to keep their chops up too.

My internet access is limited so please get in touch on my mobile number 07875382691. I play Trombone but also do a bit of conducting too!

2. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

You would be made very welcome at South Molton. Currently 2nd section in WEst of England. We are a very really friendly band, rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-10pm. We are looking at going to Bugle Contest - which is great day out in the West Country and have a number of engagements in the diary over the next few months - but not too many!! We also have a junior band if you are interested in helping there.

PM me if your interested or my number is 01237 422414

3. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Should have said; there are no brass bands in Barnstaple or the Braunton/ Ilfracombe direction. There are bands in Torrington and Bideford - both 4th section and an unregistered band in Appledore. We have players travelling in from Barnstaple, Bideford and Torrington and as far afield as Exeter, any would be willing to give lifts.
  4. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

You would be welcome at Lympstone Band - I'm sure you know where that it is!! If you fancy going slightly further, we rehearse on Monday and Friday between 7.45 and 9.45.
  5. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

you got there before me liz! I was going to promote good old south molton too! come join us, we're lots of fun and have lots of laughs, and sometimes play a bit too!!
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

And if you fancy a non contesting band, and pass West Somerset in your travels, you'd be welcome at Watchet Town Band.
  7. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

No we don't Tim, it's Monday and Thursday!!! :biggrin:
  8. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Ooops - I should know that by now!!
  9. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Are you training for Afghanistan then Sharpy?

Best of luck to you all. XXX