Bands in and around Nottingham.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sudcornet, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Due to work, I'm staying in Nottingham (Beeston area) on Tuesday night (25th Jan).
    In need of some practice, I'm bringing my cornet with me.

Can someone save me from a night in a hotel with my silent brass?

Are there any Nottingham bands (any section) rehearsing on a Tuesday night who wouldn't mind an old git joining them for a blow?

I'm friendly and house-trained.

2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

could accomodate yer on Wed night as Long Eaton rehearse then but tues............... I'm strugglin!!
  3. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

There are a couple of bands within easy reach of Beeston who practice on Tuesdays Your best bet would be Bestwood Black Diamonds a local 4th section Band. Contact details will be on their web site. They also have a few tMPers amongst their ranks who may see this.

If you don't mind dumbing down for the night then a couple of miles closer is Carlton Brass. A large group of their Training Band meet for a voulantary extra practice session then. They play easy 4th section level concert pieces and hymns out of the red hymn books etc. (Its not just kids there are loads of adults too).

Not sure about the other local band's practice nights but Blidworth (Hopkins Solicitors) Band and Newstead Band are within easy driving distance .
  4. Kirkby practice on a wednesday nite ! Newstead all practice on a thursday !
  5. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Ransomes are rehearsing Tuesday this week, if you want a blow.

Give me a bell

6. postie

postie Member

Hi mate want to come to Bestwood on Tuesday night no problem just give us a bell. We rehearse from 8pm till 10pm ring us on 01159529705.
  7. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

Samantha my darling!!

Are we?? on Tuesday??

just a small part of the AWESOME bass section!!
  8. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

A big thank you to all who offered me the chance to evade a tedious evening at the Travel Inn.

I had a great rehearsal (and pint!) with Bestwood Black Diamonds. There can't be a friendlier bunch in banding. Such enthusiasm.....a full band at rehearsal 2 days after Butlins!

A band definitely on the way up, full to bursting with talented players (4th Section, my ****); and an MD who knows how to get the best out of them.

Best of luck for Burton and the areas.

I'll certainly be back for a blow when I'm down there again.

Cheers round next time.

9. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

A glowing review!

I blushing at my monitor now...

Cheers Sudcornet it was nice to have a chat (or idle gossip) about life in the fast lane of banding.
  10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Actually we had a few players missing (like the 4th member of my section :-D ).
  11. postie

postie Member

No problem Sud anytime you are in the area just come down. Glad you enjoyed yourself and we do try our very best to make everyone welcome.