Bands / Ensembles in or near Cardiff?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lisa, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hello,

I am a cornet/trumpet player and am wondering if anyone can tell me of bands that exist in or near Cardiff?

I am slightly looking for Brass Bands (although I think I am probably aware of most of the brass bands in the area).

I am more interested in finding some different types of bands in the area to try out - perhaps wind bands, jazz / swing bands, amateur orchestras...

Any information would be much appreciated! :)

2. bandoboyo

bandoboyo New Member

3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Ah yes, I've been meaning to come along to a Llwydcoed practice at some point! I know one of your cornet players - Brian Milligan! :)

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

5. rookiebari

rookiebari Member

Hi Lisa,

Abergavenny is not far, we have several players who come up from Cardiff. We are a friendly first section band. Give us a shout we would love to see you.

Julia

6. Lisa

Lisa Member

Thanks, that map is a very good idea! ...although it only shows brass bands, which isn't much help in my quest for jazz/swing etc. :)

7. Lisa

Lisa Member

Thanks, I would love to come along to a practice at some point in the next few weeks maybe. Is it OK if I bring my friend along, who also plays cornet? :)

8. rookiebari

rookiebari Member

Hi Lisa,

That would be lovely, the more the merrier. We are a Tue/Thu band 7.30-9.30. If you give me a call I can give you directions and any other information you might need. I will PM you my number. Look forward to hearing from you.

Julia

9. rookiebari

rookiebari Member

Hi Lisa,

One of the players in our band is also very involved in Jazz, she will probably be able to help you.

Julia