bands & cornet teachers in the rotherham area

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Farmer Giles, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

hi all

i have just got a new job in the rotherham area.

anyone know of any good bands in the rotherham area ?

also, does anyone know of any good cornet teachers in the rotherham area.

thanks folks

FG.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    area
    rotherham
    job
    bands
    cornet teachers
  3. cbridge

cbridge Member

I've sent you a Private Message regarding cornet teachers. Don't know whether you've checked yet.

4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

You ain't leaving Town Band mate - I'll feel victimised!!! Just as I move and join on a regular basis you run away! :cry:

Rach x

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

If your looking for top section bands, your nearest are;

Stocksbridge (N.Sheffield, about 12 miles from Rotherham centre)

Grimethorpe :shock: (N.E Barnsley, about 14 miles from Rotherham centre)

Carlton Main Frickley (N.E Barnsley (South Elmsall), about 20 miles from Rotherham centre)

Hatfield Coal Power (If promoted??) (N.E Doncaster, 22 miles from Rotherham)

1st Section:

Chapeltown (If relegated) (N. Sheffield, about 6 mile from Rotherham)

Stannington (N.Sheffield, about 10 miles)

BARNSLEY BUILDING SOCIETY (1st section as of January!) (S.Barnsley, about 10 miles)

Old Silkstone (W. Barnsley, about 14 miles)

Other Sections:

Thurcroft (S.E Rotherham, 5 miles)

Dinnington (S.E Rotherham, 8 miles)

Strata (Hoyland, 10 miles)

If anyone wants to add any I've missed.....

6. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

hi rach

don't worry, i've got no plans to leave driff band !!

just want to keep my options open :D

Chris

7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Dronfield Band (Practice in Coal Aston half a mile south of Sheffield so can't be far from Rotherham) 4th section, but in equal top ranked place of the ones left in next year, plus their is a tour to Dronfield's twin town in Germany coming up in June. How could you forget us Colin? :lol: :lol:

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Its about 12 miles to Coal Aston, Daniel, so Dronfield's inclusion is justified!! Sorry!! Although if I were to sniff out every band within a 12 mile radius of Rotherham, I'd been going for a long time!!

9. timbloke

timbloke Member

You failed to mention 2 of the 4 bands actually IN rotherham, and they both rehearse in Maltby, about 7 miles from the centre of rotherham. Theres South Yorkshire Police Band who play in the second section and Maltby Miners Welfare who are in the third section. I know that Maltby rehearse on a thursday evening and a sunday morning. If you want contact details for Maltby Miners contact me (and are incidently looking for cornets.)

10. I'm surpirsed at you Daniel, how could you not mention Killamarsh?! Non-contesting band, but good fun! Plus theres the annual tour, Holland this year, which is always good for a laugh, and a good bunch of people, if i do say so myself! See http://www.themouthpiece.com/viewtopic.php?t=5958 for more details!