Bands Based Around Reading?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by persins, Oct 6, 2005.

1. persins

persins Member

Hello there All,

A friend of mine is looking to get back into banding after having recently moved to the Reading Area. (It really is a friend of mine. Don't worry guys, I'm not planning to leave Woodys atm.)
    She is a horn player and has previously played at various levels up to and including about 2nd section.
    I know a fair few of the West of England bands but don't actually know of any particularly local to Reading.
    Are there any bands in the area that would be suitable?

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Yes, we are in Pangbourne, just on the outskirts of Reading, and coincidentally have a space in the horn section! We are 4th section. Have a look at and feel free to get in touch if interested!

Any other players out there are also very welcome!!! ;)

Musical Director
    Pangbourne and District Silver Band

IYOUNG Member

Hi Simon

Marlow Band based about 10/12 miles from Reading is an up and coming band with 32 regular players.

We would welcome a new Horn player with open arms so if interested get your friend to e mail me on here or call 01494 533161

We have a number of Reading based people who could assist with transport if required

4. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Hi Simon we are CHINNOR SILVER 3RD section and are about half an hour from Reading.We would love to meet her and see if we fit the bill.We work hard and drink hard and i'm sure she would have a good time.We also have a player that comes from Reading so lifts could be shared?she can ring me on 01844 352291 for a chat.
  5. Owen S

Owen S Member

St. Sebastian's are based just outside Wokingham, just southeast of Reading. I don't know whether they have any horn vacancies, but they are a good bunch of people.
  6. persins

persins Member

Just a bit of an update but there may well be a Cornet and Euph / Bari player around and looking for a reasonable lower section band in the same sort of area.

Anyone out there looking for players?!!

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

8. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Are you on a fee?Chinnor Silver 3rd section table toppers would welcome all and has vacancies on cornet. We also require a baritone for the butlins contest.PM me or ring on 01844 352291

IYOUNG Member

Always a friendly welcome at Marlow band, drop in at a rehearsal on a Monday evening anytime

10. Rebecca Devaney

Rebecca Devaney New Member

Reading Spring Gardens Brass Band

Pity I've only just seen this post. I'm the secretary for Reading Spring Gardens Brass Band, the only only brass band in central Reading (apart from the Salvation Army). We are always on the look out for new players of any instrument. The band is non-contesting but has a busy concert schedule especially during the summer months. We break for summer during August but will be back the first week in September with our new musical director (an exciting time for the band!). We rehearse at Berkshire Young Muscicians Trust/Maestros in Tilehurst every Thursday 8-9:45pm. Feel free to contact me for more info on 0118 9268238 or e-mail