Bands at Cheltenham 2013

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by The Scottish Critic, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Hi All

Not sure if I have missed something but I can't find a full list of all the bands at the lower section finals next month in Cheltenham, can anyone point me in the right direct, and sorry if its right in front of me.

2. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Here you go - let us know if anything is incorrect

3. peterg

peterg Member

Ripon City are there in the 2nd section final- Malcolm Dibb conducting. (not on the list)
  4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

4br published This List right after the areas.
  5. Thanks for the info Tsawyer and Accidental its much appreciated, but a question.

Being from Scotland bands have very strict rules about what section they are in and when taking part in contests they have to play in their national grading section but while looking at the lists for Cheltenham especially when looking at some of the lower section bands they seem to play in various sections. In England do you have a local grading and a national grading which determines which section you play in.

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

Are you looking at 4BR's listing of City of Oxford in both 3rd and 4th sections? That was simply a mistake. The whole country has the same rules as Scotland about strictly being in one section for national grading purposes.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  7. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

Incidentally, casting my eye over the first section final line-up in which we are playing, my initial impression that it is overall quite a line-up for a first section contest is confirmed! Many bands there that it would be no shame at all to come behind.
  8. Statto

Statto Member

9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

So who's the favourites this year? Missing Paddy for this kind of thing :)
  10. tat

tat Member

11. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

Looking round the various band websites, that seems definite, thanks for the info. I note that Middleton came 4th at the area - does that mean that both 2nd placed Hazel Grove and 3rd placed Hoover Bolton ruled themselves out of the finals by playing on BBBR cards?
  12. tat

tat Member

I believe there was some kind of mix-up with the cards and as a result they have been excluded and an invitation given to Middleton. Hoover Bolton will be attending so North West will still have 3 Bands there
  13. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

Does that mean that Hazel Grove were disqualified from the area contest this year for grading purposes and so we should bump everyone else up a place?
  14. tat

tat Member

Not disqualified just not invited to the finals see link
  15. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

In other news, I've just received a message asking me to state that Kingdom Brass B have withdrawn from the 3rd section due to insufficient player numbers.
  16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

You ain't kidding, Dave. Very strong lineup, even for a finals!
  17. subtlevib

subtlevib Member

I love how Kapitol have the line- up on their website.
    i love how Kapitol have last year's Cheltenham results on their website.

18. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

It's good in this day and age that we can have such up to date and relevant info to hand.

Glad to see our money is not being wasted.
  19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I find it a very useful source of information if you want to know how bands faired at the 2012 regional qualifiers
  20. rspencer5855

rspencer5855 New Member

There doesn't seem to be much chatter about this coming finals weekend or am I looking in the wrong place!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013