Bands around Richmond, North Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Tam O Shanter, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

What bands are there in the Richmond, North Yorks. area? I may be moving up that way in the next 6 months and would be looking for a new band, preferably 1st or 2nd section (may even consider championship section at a push!).
  2. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

I would imagine the consideration would be the other way around......
  3. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

1st prize for the man stating the obvious goes to.......
  4. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

What section are Leyburn?
  5. blue juice

blue juice Member

6. PlayerPete

PlayerPete Member

I know Ripon (3rd section) would welcome you - they are about 30 mins away. Fishburn band (Championship section) are about 20 mins away. Newly formed band in Catterick (2nd section). There may be a band in Darlington.
    Richmond is close to A1, so good access. Just depends how far you are willing to travel.
  7. Toxophile

Toxophile Member

There is Shepherd Group in York who are first section, our Eb bass player comes from Richmond.
  8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

How far are you willing to travel? The Northern Region is the smallest so in some of the semi rural locations bands can be quite far spread?
  9. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

At least half an hour, I guess more for the "right" band.

Thanks all for the information.
  10. Hornperc

Hornperc New Member

Hi Tam O Shanter

Have you found yourself a band in the Richmond area yet? Catterick Brass rehearses 5mins from Richmond itself. We have qualified for the 2nd section finals in Harrogate are entered into the Buxton contest in May and would love to have you come down for a blow to see what we’re all about! We are very ambitious and rehearse on Thursday evenings 7.30pm till 9.30pm.
    Look forward to hearing from you.:)
  11. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

We're still house hunting, and it's likely to be a few months before I've moved. We're more likely to be nearer Easingwold now, but thanks for the info and I'll most probably be in contact in a few months.
  12. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Catterick Brass Won Buxton. yippee!!!!!
  13. Beesa

Beesa Member

Are Catterick promoted to the First Section?

Cockerton are going to Harrogate too and if they don't win there, will be top of the 2nd Section gradings for 2011.

Attached Files:

14. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Dont know mate.