Bands are banned?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Barreltone, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Barreltone

Barreltone New Member

Cheshire Youth Brass Band were due to be playing at the RHS Flower Show at Tatton Park next week. They have just heard that the invitation has been withdrawn as the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) management have a policy not to allow Brass Bands at any of their shows following an incident at the Chelsea Show three years ago!

Anybody heard of this before? Any idea who the band were and what they did?! :confused:
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I have never heard of this but its a shame not to let a Brass Band play such wonderful entertaining music:clap:
  3. MartinT

MartinT Member

This seems a bit extraordinary. I would have expected such an incident to have found its way into the band press somehow, and I don't recall reading about it; though I recollect the odd story about poor behaviour.
    I'd be very interested to see this followed up, as it seems to reflect on the entire brass band movement in a way that seems hardly justifiable. Would it be possible for the BFBB, or for Cheshire Youth's local association, to make enquiries, I wonder?