Bandroom Ghost???

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Just Crazy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Has any other band out there got a bandroom ghost, who seems to have a fetish for different parts of music?

Every rehearsal is the same, you go to get some music out of the band library and there is always a parts missing!

Anyone come up with a way to prevent this from happening?

I have just taken over as librarian and oh what a task i have ahead of me.
  2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Probably more to stop it happening to current full sets.

Write out a form with the pieces you currently have in your pads when you get the piece out of the library. when you have a 'music amnesty' then get the forms handed in and you will find out who has the missing parts.

Who ya gonna call, GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Actually we have one too. I think it also has the ability to possess, as you will often hear dribble coming out of players mouths - "my part is missing, I cant find it so someone must have taken it out".
  4. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I'm assuming you have heard the most famous one,' I never had it, i think the person who played it before me has lost it'
  5. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

our ghost seems to have a perculiar fetish for my percussion parts. Most of the time this isn't a problem as I mostly make things up anyhow, but sometimes he really freaks me out and takes a part I have to actually read. I swear that he whispers in my ear for me to go to the pub afterwards and drink lots of beer, and then somehow manages to sneak in my pockets and remove £10 notes, and punches me in the stomach and head while I am asleep. he's a right so and so our bandroom ghost.
  6. andyp

andyp Active Member

Ours has a particular fetish for solo cornet hymn books!
  7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I think your ghost must be visiting our bandroom aswell ;-)
  8. millie6589

millie6589 Member

Ours has a fetish for 2nd and 3rd cornet parts...
  9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

there is such an obvious reply to that - but it is family friendly forum so I'l decline :)
  10. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

And 2nd Baritone parts as well!! :D:D
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Nope ours is mainly 1st baritone parts - got solution to that one now, just don't give them any parts at all - upside is they can never lose the music, downside is......? No there's no downside.
  12. les

les Member

We actually do have a ghost residing in our band room. From time to time wierd nosies can be heard when no one is playing! (Sometimes when some people are playing too! lol)

Big Fred - a bass player who used to play in our band. He's a friendly ghost we are told!

MD Eccles Borough Band
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Well I hope you've asked for a CRB check?
  14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Our ghost has got a real thing for either flugel parts or euphonium parts :)
    Also it has stolen our conductor's stand, which was a bit rude!
  15. Happyon2nd

Happyon2nd New Member

You know where the stand is !!!!!!
  16. jim

jim Member

If you want to know about reel bandroom gousts just speek to Chris Howley or Steve Jones down at PolySteel, they will convince you there really are reel bandroom gousts!

Back on topic parts do seem to go missing especcially percussion parts....
  17. postie

postie Member

Good luck with it absolute nightmare job!!!!
  18. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

We've got a couple, they are really quiet and you hardly notice them. I think they are the Baritone section.

Talking of missing parts, why is it when you hand out music to 4 Solo Cornets in individual pads, the music all gravitates to two pads?
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  19. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Every year at Kippax a b****y great bumble bee would appear, buzzing around the stand making a bee line (bum bum) for all the girlies.
    I have a theory that its a long dead bass player come back to make the girls squeal!
    Mmmmmm it has its merits :D
  20. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Our ghost doesn`t bother with individual just takes the score.