Bandmaster James B. Anderson

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by brasscrest, Oct 29, 2010.

1. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

After more than two years of fighting cancer, Bandmaster James B. Anderson passed away this afternoon in Dallas, Texas.

A long-time Salvationist conductor and composer, Jim retired last May after six years as the Divisional Music Director for the National Capital and Virginia Division and Bandmaster of the National Capital Band.

Please pray for his wife, Christina and their children Esther, Lois and Tim, and those who will minister to them over the coming days.
  2. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Very sorry to hear that.

Have enjoyed playing his music.

Well Done Good and Faithful Servant
  3. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Although I spent time with Jim only on two occasions -- some years ago in his home in Scotland and more recently at a NAABA contest in Louisville, Kentucky -- I knew him to be a fine Christian gentleman.

As he gains his heavenly reward, I offer my condolences to his loved-ones and friends.
  4. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I too only really met Jim on two occasions.
    The first was when he lived in Aberdeen, I think he was the local authority music advisor at the time, and the second was when the ISB toured the USA in 1999 and Simon Birkett and myself stayed at his house.

Jim was a very fine musician, far better than he probably received credit for, although I doubt if this would have bothered him at all.

God bless you, Jim.