Banding "apps"?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bbg, Feb 8, 2011.

1. bbg

bbg Member

Having recently caught up with 21st Century technological advances (we've had electric light up here for a while , thanks, to any cheeky sassenachs!) and not only joined Facebook but obtained an android phone -

are there any banding / brass related "apps" out there? I've already downloaded a metronome (to aid home practice of the "presto" in the 3rd section testpiece of course) but has anyone found any hidden gems?
  2. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

you can find a digital tuner on the iPhone, guess that's something you might find on an android possibly?
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Nothing that I know of, but it can depend on if have Root on your droid, or who your contract is with, as to what is available.

Otherwise have a look round or on the droid, and see if there is anything there.
  4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

There are couple of decent tuners availabe for free .Torismu I think is the one I use. very accurate.
  5. winterman

winterman Member

I have one specific one under development at moment and another in the pipeline..

But if you have any ideas for an app (especially banding related) let me know and I will see what I can do!

6. floppymute

floppymute Member

'G Strings' is a free digital tuner app available for Android. Tested it's accuracy with a tone generator and it's spot on. Once you get it fired up it's very simple and versatile in use.
  7. winterman

winterman Member

G-Strings is definitely a great tuner.. I also use Musical Pro for my Metronome, but there are plenty of half decent free ones too
  8. worzel

worzel Member

I was* using Cleartune on my iphone (also available for android) and it is very good. Adjustable transposition, needle damping, and temperament. It cost me a couple of quid but it was well worth it.

* I've reverted to my rubbish dedicated tuner until I can get a holder to attach my phone to the music stand as I don't like having my expensive phone precariously balanced on my stand.
  9. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

Yes cleartune is good. i know a few people who use it. :clap:
  10. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

i use cleartune, but i still trust the man in the middle for the tuning rather than my phone, plus i tihnk the microphone on my iphone's going a bit wonky...probably needs a blast from the compressed air can at work
  11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

For Score, for the iPad is worth the £2.99. You can load all your sheet music in PDF files and set various playlists and then use the iPad instead of a folder. Pages turn instantly and no more pegging down pages for out door jobs. With thanks to Chris Turner from Cory for the recommendation.