Band website reviews

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Blower, Sep 9, 2010.

Would a regular band website review be of interest to you?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Loved it. Very nice indeed, wish mine was as good.

Shame about the jackets though. ;)
  2. TheFopp

TheFopp Member

Quite! Apparently we will be getting new ones in the not too distant future
  3. alks

alks Member

looking at the main heading graphic and navigation...seams slightly unfinished with the abrupt ending of the image at the edges of the screen. Perhaps it could be blended into the background colour or shortened slightly to fit in the bounds of the white area of the page? or perhaps just set the main background colour to #000 (jet black) so you cant see the edges? Actually looking at it , i see that the navigation and heading blocks span the entire width of the page when zoomed out - personally I would make it a fixed width. Just a thought.;)
  4. wrightsonm

wrightsonm New Member

The University of York Brass Band has just released it's brand new website!

More and more features are being added but please have a look and tell me what you think:

Mark Wrightson
  5. kp51

kp51 Member

UYBB: nice straightforward and informative site. I'd suggest you have a permanent News section rather than make one story a major menu item; and if you're going to repeat the posts in Players, set it out as name -> post rather than post -> name.
    ;) KP
  6. alks

alks Member

I have updated the marshfield band website to include a content management system and because of this I had to widen the design slightly by adding an extra column - so the design is essentially the same as it was when it won the web site of the month in Nov 2007. So hopefully its fair for me to keep the tmp winning banner on the home page?

7. blue juice

blue juice Member

8. alks

alks Member

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I change mine every couple of weeks and still can't decide which I like. Trouble is the templates are provided and I have to chose from 26 pages worth. And none of them let me put sound etc. on.

And I really like yours Alks, by the way.
  10. alks

alks Member

thanks. I have done a few CMS websites for bands recently. Including these :

the system works well and I was thinking of offering a "brass band special package" for other bands but not sure how much interest there would be.

I Have not used the template websites before but I suspect you are limited to what you can do with them.
  11. gptrom

gptrom New Member

Band Wbsites

Its always nice to look at other bands sites
    Some good ideas around
    We try and keep ours as up to date as possible.
    Please take a look

12. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

13. Ste69

Ste69 Member

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

15. blueorange

blueorange Member

16. lynsey83

lynsey83 Member

17. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Got to plug our website done for us by Drena Designs who also do the West of England and GBBA websites -

It is so much easier to get someone to do it for you.

Drena designs can be contacted at
  18. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

19. I update our website every Monday morning.
    Knowing nothing about computers or the internet I would appreciate any feedback as to how I can improve it and indeed how to make the improvement.
    Advice on how to create a page for band members only would be good.