band wanted in Sheffield

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stevecritchlow, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Our former solo trombone, Sarah, has been away on a gap year to Sri Lanka, and now has taken up a place studing medicine at Sheffield University. She is (was) a cracking player and is looking for a band that would allow her to have a blow and get back in practise.

As a new student she isn't really sure of how much time she'll have so would prefer a band that would just welcome an extra player, rather than one which would expect her to take a seat and be at every single rehersal and gig. Central Sheffield would be best as she has no transport at the minute

If anyone has any contact that might be interested, let me know and I'll pass the info on

thanks

Steve:)

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Steve contacts all on here as follows

1st Section - Stannington - Timbloke (think they've got a full team)
    1st Section - Chapeltown (may have vacancies) - not sure if they have anyone on here now but I have contact phone number
    2nd Section (2006) - Dinnington - Toby Bannan
    3rd Section - Oughtibridge - Yorkshire Pudding
    4th Section - Dronfield - Pythagoras

Also non competing bands in area are
    Loxley
    Deepcar
    Killamarsh :clap: - but we only have 6 troms at the moment but if your friend is looking for somewhere to go for the occasional blow we have plenty of room

If you need any direct phone numbers or want to pass on a contact to any of these bands send me a pm.

3. Oughtibridge are looking for a solo trombonist, and are very accomodating for time and sure would understand uni pressure and things if she has a word witht he conductor.
    Its just out of sheffield, if catch the yellow tram from town to the terminus then think near enough everyone in the band drive past there so i'm sure she could flag somebody down!!

any more details on rehearsals etc.. www.oughtibridgebrassband.co.uk or pm me for more details.

P.S Thanks tubafran for thinking of oughtibridge!:clap:

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Chapletown and they are on here.

5. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Dronfield would certainly welcome a trombone player and would be very understanding about practice attendance.

6. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Chapeltown have a vacancy for 2nd Trombone.
    There is a player in that seat at the moment but she is doing it as a favour to her husband (bass trombone) and father-in-law (BBb Bass).
    She is a busy teacher and would welcome another player to share the seat.

Email me or PM if you want more information.

Hilary@Mateer.co.uk