Band Wanted. Central London

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by euphalogy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

I am about to lose a committed, loyal, and conscientous Cornet player, who is looking for a band within travelling distance of central london.
    Section 3 / 4 would be well within this young ladys grasp.

Anybody out there who is looking for such a player then please let me know.

MD Dronfield Band
  2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Try Becontree, I believe they are looking for cornets. PM Will The Sec am sure he will be delighted to hear from you.

They rehearse near Ilford I believe, and are always good sociable company.
  3. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Central London Band

We are 1st section and a bit top heavy for cornets at present, however, your friend is more than welcome for a blow and we can offer lifts from the end of the northern line or Picadilly line.

Otherwise you can try East London Brass or Yiewsley, both 2nd section or Regent in the 1st section, I have contacts for all if needed.

Welwyn Garden City
  4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Re: Fulham Brass Band

Fulham Brass band are a dynamic, young, sociable and enthusiastic band in central London (we practice 2 mins walk from Parsons Green tube station on district line!) We are 3rd section and welcome all new players.

Euphalogy - ive sent you a PM with details.

MD - Fulham Brass Band
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Just about every band in or around London is currently looking for cornet players so she can pretty much take her pick!. Of course it does depend a great deal on how central to London she is and what transport she is using.

A good place to start is :
  6. Owen S

Owen S Member

Well, it really depends which bit of central London. I live centrally myself (Southwark, near Waterloo and London Bridge). There aren't that many bands centrally, but the layout of transport, plus the sheer size of the area of "central" London means that it depends where she is as to her best options for a new band.

If you have a better idea of where she's likely to be living, I can help with a list of bands much better. Send the details by PM if you prefer.
  7. dlkeir

dlkeir New Member

Northfleetbrass, are also within the M25, rehearsing in bexley on thurs. eve's. Bexley is on the mainline from charing cross, approx 20-30mins with frequent trains, with the band room situated across the road
    northfleet is currently 1st section, down from champ.sec. 2 years ago, and now have Cornet vacancies
    Northfleet have a fairly busy schedule ahead, and are a friendly social band, and welcome all new players, if this is what your looking for, even if its just for 1 evenings blow, email us at

Darren Keir,:hi
  8. Andrea

Andrea Member

Just wondered if you have found a band. If not Tilbury are looking for Cornet players. We are in Essex so may be too far. Let me know

Sorry I meant Euph or baritone players and cornet players
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008