Band wanted Again

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hi

I am after a band in the Tameside area, will travel to Saddleworth and Stockport and Manchester Areas, but not much further due to fuel costs in getting there for rehersals and Jobs.

The last band i played in was Tottington (4th Section) on Solo Horn.

I have played in numerous bands from 4th Section upto Championship Section

I am looking for any horn position or 2nd and 3rd cornet seat.

Due to other commitments i would only be able to make 1 rehersal a week.

This can be any day Mon - Thursday as i can re-shuffle around, but i cannot make Friday Rehersals.

Hope somebody out there has a vacancie that will suit me

2. BigBenBari

BigBenBari New Member

Hi uppermill band have a vacancy for a 2nd cornet player. if you fancy it contact me on 07817802686 or . thanks

3. Mike Edge

Mike Edge Member

Hi Mike

Just sent you a pm

4. adyloader

adyloader New Member

Adrian Loader

Hi Mike our band is Arnfield Brass in Tintwistle, we need a 2nd Horn player, also back row cornets if you are interested we practice every Wednesday night in the Tintwistle Liberal Club 8-00pm untill 10-00pm.
    We are a very friendly group of people who enjoy making music for our local community & personel pleasure, also we have a good social side to the band . Give me a ring on 01457 852365 or email adyloader@ our website is
    regards Adrian ( musical director )
  5. Frontman

Frontman Member

3rd cornet seat available at Boarshurst if you fancy it Mike. Give me a bell.
  6. Lofty Snr

Lofty Snr Member

Hi Mike, Darwen Brass would be interested in talking to you for the back row. Give me a call to discuss. It may be an offer you can't refuse. Ken Lofthouse 07973 267761.
  7. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

Blackley Band in North Manchester is on the look out for cornet players, or a baritone if you fancy a slide the other way. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays and appreciate that not everyone is available for every rehearsal but do generally get excellent attendance week in week out. Email if you want some more info
  8. Thanks for all the posts and PM's but i have found a band now thanks