Band Uniform Suppliers

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Yorkie, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Yorkie

Yorkie Member

Please can anyone recommend the names of some band uniform suppliers other than Handleys as I have their contact details already.

2. postie

postie Member

You could try Leisurewear Direct who are based in Buxton we have had a couple of jackets made by them in the last year.
  3. Hornted

Hornted Member

Think this thread has been covered before but just for info the Company mentioned in Buxton do not supply the quality product or service that Handleys do. Of course things may have changed recently and I can only refer to Jackets we purchased several years ago and also guess it depends what you are looking for.

Last year went to Handleys after being lucky enough to obtain a grant and ordered a set of uniforms for the senior band. They arrived on time and exactly what we ordered and of a good quality. Yes they were not cheap but look great and hopefully will last as long as our previous uniforms. Which are now with new owners having sold them and still looking good. So for me a uniform is a big investment. Most bands are unlikely to change in less that 10 years so a quality product is what is required. However I am sure a good local tailor could also provide a similar service.
  4. Bungle

Bungle Member

There is a list on the IBEW site under uniforms etc. Let Gavin know if there are any suppliers missing from the list.
  5. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member