Band on Big Brother

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by IJK, Jul 28, 2010.

1. IJK

IJK Member

2. Di B

Di B Member

It was Fulham. Simon made reference to it on Facebook.

They seem to get a lot of TV work! I am still jealous about them being in the tardis on never mind the Buzzcocks and seeing David Tennant up close *faints*
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Only this occasion not many people were watching this tripe. (big brother I mean!!)
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I saw an Eb and a Monette trumpet in there... I hope they don't get disqualified for fielding illegal instruments.
  5. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

They were also on the Paul O'Grady show a few weeks back...Am I right in thinking they've been on Eastenders too? I wouldn't know!
  6. Al

Al Member

Hah, hah! Thanks for posting the link.
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Not Eastenders. Buzzcocks, the One Show, 5 O'clock show with yer woman off Eastenders (possibly what you're thinking of), Tonight, and now Big Brother. That's all in the last year at least...
  8. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Ha that will be Ms Flint's Taylor.. they do look like Monettes.... :)

They have been invited back on later in the week.
  9. Tiggerteach

Tiggerteach New Member

Was a fun day out- even though there was alot of waiting around, with housemates leaving and then treading on bees. Was strange playing a contest march whilst marching, then all being in a single file line... Never gonna be best standard that way- but very enjoyable!...
  10. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

dear me that playing was dreadful
  11. worzel

worzel Member

Yes, the strangest part was marching in single file. Marching through an unrehearsed obstacle course on live TV was normal by comparison :)

Who were you, BTW?

Yeah well, as always when the setup isn't specifically for recording music, it sounded much better live. And the environment was not the easiest to play in: I kept tripping over the steps, and half the time the band was split between rooms.

Oh yeah, we had a lot of deps in to :tongue:
  12. worzel

worzel Member

I believe we're on tonight's show. And we'll be truly live tomorrow on Big Brother's Little Brother.
  13. worzel

worzel Member

Ha ha. That was me stepping out first :)
  14. Queenie

Queenie Member

is the recording bad on this link?
  15. Di B

Di B Member

I hate you.... In the nicest possible way!
    I will stop hating you in return for Tennants phone number?! *waits hopefully*
  16. worzel

worzel Member

Sorry, my phone only holds 500 numbers so I had to delete his.
  17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well, yeah, sort of Eastenders. After some lengthy negotiations (about three seconds) Fulham signed up for an appearance on Albert Square for Sport Relief. Gladiators kinda event. We filmed the "national anthems" for Eastenders (Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner) and Casualty (Doctor Beat). THEN we discovered that the MD wasnae available, and so muggins stick wagged. Despite the BBC claiming to have permission for Dr Beat to be arranged, it turned out they didn't, so only about three seconds of Casualty's 'national anthem' was used.

'Twas a fab day, and Kim Medcalf was very friendly, chatting to everybody in the green room, and she thought our chant of "There's only two Sam Mitchells!" was funny. The directors didn't and cut it out... Very interesting sight, too, watching her and Claire Goose (I think) Melon tossing... (I was single back then, so it was OK. :biggrin:)

I've got a VHS of this somewhere - guess it might be on You Tube as well.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  18. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Right, I'm off to Youtube to search for melon tossing ;-)
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well worth it if you can find it!!!!
  20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Apologies, my knowledge of Fulham beyond the last couple of years is a bit rubbish. I believe there was a BT advert at some point as well? There's a few going to play on BBLB this evening as well, if anyone's interested.