Band of West Mercia Constabulary Welcome NewPlayers

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by David Francis, Jul 12, 2006.

1. David Francis

David Francis Member

The band is delighted to report the new additions to the band of Rachel Taylor, solo Horn, Jane Pritchard, 1st horn, George Raggatt, repiano, David Rutt, flugel and Dan Slater on Bass trombone. We are still hoping to enlist a 2nd euphonium and a Bb bass. We are very grateful to Kevin Bright, who is continuing his association with the band after relinquishing his position on bass trombone due to pressure of work, by playing percussion as and when required.
    The feeling amongst the band is very up-beat and all are looking forward to the Wychavon Contest and the Charity Concert at the Symphony Hall in October when we will be joined by the Tredegar Town Band and over 100 volunteer players from bands of the West Midlands Brass Bands Association. Eight male voice choirs are involved, four of them Welsh, plus the City of B'ham Young voices and the West Midlands Police Corps of Drums - all under the baton of Steve Pritchard-Jones.
    However, this concert will be tinged by a great deal of sadness as it will be the last engagement conducted by Steve Pritchard-Jones.
    Steve has decided that he cannot devote the necessary commitment to the band due to the other calls on his time, such as adjudicating and guest conducting. However, he has agreed to stay until the band makes a new appointment.
  2. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Although still with a couple of players short with the new arrivals the band is now starting to sound great which can only bode well for Wychavon and Symphony Hall.

Well done to Dai for the hard work he has put in to recruiting players and generally keeping the flow of the band in the right direction.:clap:

3. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

C'Mon all you bass Euph and cornet players come and join a friendly band
  4. Pastit

Pastit Member

If that's the Jane Pritchard who used to play with Rhos, she's a great playerand will be a huge asset to you. Tell her Goffy says hello!
  5. David Francis

David Francis Member

I have done and she remembers you. Nice sentiments
    Dai Francis
  6. wantapie

wantapie New Member

I heard the band at Ironbridge - fantastic playing and great programme
  7. David Francis

David Francis Member

Thanks for that. I assume that you are a player, and if you are anywhere near Hindlip Hall, at any time, call in. We rehearse on Monday's only at 7.30pm. till 10pm
    Dai Francis You, like any other player , will be welcome. We believe that banding is for the player and so consider that rehearsals are very important, which tends to result in good performances.
    Dai Francis
  8. wantapie

wantapie New Member

Thanks for that Dia. Good to hear a band playing quality music instead of the usual concert stuff but at the end of the day you have a quality conductor working with a good team of players. You are too good for the 3rd section and will do well in the 2nd section and higher. By the way I am a player in the championship section in North West.
  9. rutty

rutty Active Member

Imposter! I'm the only proper David Rutt in banding.

Ach, well I never knew there was another one. Give him a wave from me for old names-sake. ;)