Band of brothers theme music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubagod, Jun 2, 2004.

1. tubagod

tubagod Member

Last night i was watching a rerun of band of brothers you know the one about the 2. world war a really liked the theme music does anybody know if its arranged for brass band?

Martin Thorup

2. dave_cornet

dave_cornet New Member

I havent seen it on any music suppliers websites but id like to play it
    dave

3. Vizcaya

Vizcaya New Member

I've done an arrangement of this myself for BB. It's not published yet, but I'm trying to get the copyright for it, so it might be published in the near future.
    Gussyboy

4. dave_cornet

dave_cornet New Member

Whats your nickname for (gussyboy)

5. Vizcaya

Vizcaya New Member

Gustav, as in Holst (or Mahler if you prefer...)
    Gussyboy

6. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

My company, Crabtree Music, has now been granted copyright permission for a Suite from Band of Brothers arranged by David Stowell (MD Travelsphere Holidays Band and composer for film and television). I am expecting it to be available mid-late July.

If you would like me to let you know when it is available please feel free to PM or e-mail me. Alternatively please feel free to log on to my website www.crabtree-music.co.uk as I will place it on there as soon as it is ready.

7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Cool, I absolutely love this music, hopefully it'll be a good arrangement and one I play!

8. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

I'm pleased to say that the arrangement of 'Band of Brothers' is now available from Crabtree Music.

Arranged by David Stowell, MD of Travelsphere and himself a TV composer of note the arrangement should be playable by most bands. There is a few high D's in the Euph part but these are cued elsewhere so are not essential. Travelsphere 'ran this one out' in London a few weeks ago and the audience loved it.

Please see my posting in the Classified Ads under Crabtree Music for more information or take a look at my website (www.crabtree-music.co.uk).

9. MattB

MattB Member

10. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

What level of difficulty is the arrangement from Crabtree?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Martin Thorup
    Band of brothers theme music
    rerun of band of brothers
    night
    brass band
  12. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

IMHO The Crabtree arrangement would be playable by any section of band. As I mentioned earlier there are a couple of top D's in the Euph part but, at my request to the arranger, these are cross-cued elsewhere to make it still approachable by lower section bands.

If anybody would like to see a few pages of the score please feel free to e-mail at robin@crabtree-music.co.uk and I will gladly return a couple of pages of pdf's. I'm hoping to have them up on the website next week.

Many thanks,

13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

We ordered a copy of Band of Brothers last week, which arrived in less than 5 days. We have had two runs through and it is an excellent arrangement. We are a fourth section standard band and there are some good bits written for the back-row cornets which need a bit of practice. As above this piece should be playable for all standards of bands.

The composer also wrote the music for Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (not the Brian Adams song though) and there are some bits in this which echo the french horn (?) tunes used in the opening credits of that film. Over all though a very niece and evocative piece.

14. Soppy

Soppy Member

David also conducts my band (Bernard Matthews) and we played it on concert about a month and a bit ago. It is a really good arrangement (and I'm not just saying that! :) ). It's got a nice Sop solo in too (which I made a mess of :( !!! ). Definately worth it, although I'd question whether or not lower 4th section bands could play it.

David Stowell has written loads of film music for bands (half of our concert was by him!) Having said that, I now can't remember any of the names, but they are all good arrangements! Oh yeah, I remember 1. Backdraft. A great concert finisher, and the loudest piece I've EVER played!!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  15. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Agreed but most of our band seem to cope with this one, but we do have a smattering of 1st section banders around the stands; the band doesn't contest but some players do with other bands.

We also have this arrangement and yes it's loud especially if you get sat in front of the timps. Was only thinking what a good finisher that is this morning and was just about to post the other thread on this. We played it at the last anniversary of 9/11 (refering to the fireman) and we had one guy in the audience in tears with our playing :rolleyes:...perhaps we should practice more.

16. Hi Robin. Can you let me know what level of band this arrangement is aimed at please.
    Ta

17. Oops. Sorry. Just read the rest of the posts!!