Band near Barnet, London

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davidsait, Feb 19, 2004.

1. davidsait

davidsait Member

Hi folks,

A horn-playing friend of mine has just moved to Southgate, near Barnet, in London and is looking for a band to play with. Ideally it would be a 4th-2nd section band.

She hasn't got 'net access at the moment, so if anyone has any suggestions, please reply or PM and I'll pass them on.

2. matthew ellson

matthew ellson New Member

Bands in the Barnet area

There are a few bands in the north London area,your friend might like to try,Potters Bar Town band,Borehamwood Silver band or St Albans brass band.
  3. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Are Brent Brass still around?
  4. batonwaggler

batonwaggler New Member

Watford are alive and kicking

If your friend needs a friendly 4th section Band to play with,give www, a look.We have 26/27 regular players on a tuesday or thursday night,a thriving social calender supported by most of the Band,and we play our music for the fun of making music.
    The MD can be contacted here or at and a very warm and friendly welcome would be gaurenteed.
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Not officially, though most of them are playing with Grimsdyke in Harrow (my old band).

Since there aren't any members of Grimsdyke on here (at least I don't think so) I'll plug for them. Recently demoted to the 3rd section however fully expected to be back up in the second section pretty quick, they're a good band, might want to give them a try.
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Re: Watford are alive and kicking

with a super conductor :D

Hi Mart,

btw, Best of luck for the areas.
  7. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

I can vouch for Watford Band (I ought to really as I'm now the chairman :wink: )

As batonwaggler/wonkystickman/Martyn (our MD) said, we're a 4th section band that has now got around 28 good regular players. We rehearse on Tues and Thurs at 8pm, the band is very friendly, many of us go for a drink after rehearsals. Martyn is bringing the band on a treat and introducing us to lots of new and exciting music. And, as if that wasn't enough, we'll be making our first CD at the end of March.

Not exactly sure where Southgate is (and if anyone says it's in Barnet, I'll crown 'em :) ) but I imagine that a short journey up the A41 would have you at our rehearsal venue in no time at all. Directions and a link to a map are available on the website.

If you need any more info you can PM, e-mail (gregatwatfordbanddotorgdotuk), or phone me on 0796 759 3464

Cheers, Greg.