Band Music Purchases

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by alks, Feb 28, 2006.

1. alks

alks Member

The band i play for is looking at doing a BIG music purchse to boost the library a bit (badly needed). So i thought i would get the ball rolling by printing of some catalogues/lists from the net. But to my amazement , nobody seams to offer a printer friendly or pdf version of their catalogues ! The idea was too take them in to band and pass them around so that people could come up with some suggestions on what they would like. The solution would be to copy and paste titles .....but i dont have the time. Hopeless.

Anyway, apart from that ... Could the tmp'rs make some recommedations of music that will suit the summer bandstand / park /concert season and they know is good?. We play 'best of bond' , 'Swing when your winn....etc every year.....so something new would be cool. Any ideas? The band is a bit odd in that we have players of all standards, even some championship level players so i think that music of a middling standard would be best. Perhaps 2/3/4 section level stuff. Anything really , pop, film, solo's, trio's serious, quiet, loud etc.

I will then print the thread and take it to band with me(if im allowed mods?(((is there a printer friendly version for printing threads for the band room?)))).

Thanks
    Alks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    nobody seams
    thread
    printing
    idea
    printer friendly
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Of course!

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

www.dragonmusicpublishing.com has a printer friendly catalogue/order form for that purpose. Look on the 'Invoice Order' pages and you'll find it there.

D

6. alks

alks Member

Thanks......cant believe i didnt spot that ! ive only been on this this forum since 2003......eeek.!!!

Thanks for the link too.(tubafran)...but at 56 pages long i dont think i have enough ink in my printer!! in fact ill probably need some more paper also.

alks

7. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I'll say alot of Phil Harper's music is a good bet The muppets, The incredibles, Lord of the rings etc all very good stuff!!:clap: :biggrin:

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi Alks have a look here at Roger Thornes site, you'll be able to print off the page and take it into the band room.
    You can also have a listen to Roger's music using scortch so you'll get an idea of how difficult it is.
    You can also print parts directly from the site (solos's only i think)

craig

9. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

If you can let me know your e-mail address I can send you a printer-friendly version of the De Haske BB catalogue (our website is currently being completely re-designed).

Alternatively let me know your postal address and I'll arrange for you to be sent a full set of printed catalogues and demo cd's.

Watch out for the new summer programme catalogue 'Pop, Film, Show & More' featuring the publications of De Haske, Crabtree, Hal Leonard and more complete with demo. Available from next week, PM or e-mail me for more details.

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

PM me your address and I will send you the NaomiMusic Catalogue... either that, or just print off this page- www.naomimusic.be/catalogue.html ...but I thinks it's much better to present a nice, goodlooking, professional booklet ;-)

11. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Hi. I don't know whether you got my pm. Anyway, you can copy and paste pages from my website, www.tpmusic.co.uk , alternatively, email me at timpaton@tpmusic.co.uk with an address, and I will send you a few catalogues to pass around.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    nobody seams
    thread
    printing
    idea
    printer friendly
  13. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

I'm just putting the finishing touches to our new 2006 catalogue. Please PM me with your email and as soon as it is finished I'll send a pdf file to you.

BTW - Thanks for the great idea (I hadn't thought of it!!) I'll also post it on our website when it's ready.

14. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Hi Alks,

My full catalogue of works ( including all the NEW releases) are available at www.darrolbarry.co.uk and there is also the facility to print it off.

If you would like any other information about any of the pieces, email or pm me and I will get straight back to you.

Cheers!