Band jackets sought for self funded band

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Trumpet Major, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hello
    I am looking for a set of cheap or (reasonable) band jackets to replace a whole set for my band. Also am open to any new ideas for uniform.
    We would be really very grateful to hear from you
    Kind Regards

Louise
    MD Bradford Metropolitan Concert Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kind Regards Louise MD Bradford Metropolitan Concert Band
    Band jackets
    self funded band Hello
    uniform
  3. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

have you looked at waistcoats instead of traditional band jackets?

personally, I hate playing in a heavy (ill fitting) jacket that restricts by movement & a shirt so tight around my neck I can hardly breath.

4. baritone horn

baritone horn New Member

We Saffron Walden Town Band have 38 jackets for sale - colour purple - can be seen on our website http://www.saffronwaldenband.org These are in excellent condition and cost £400 each when new and were specially made for our band.
    If interested please email me.

Julia Goodwin

5. Kinrao

Kinrao Member

We've had prices from Centre Stage Uniforms and I've got to say I was amazed. You could do worse than give Martin a call, if you want his number drop me a PM.

Cheers

6. Towcester Studio Band have some blue blazers for sale- not a complete set, but various sizes. Looking for around £30.00 a jacket. Let me know if interested. 07774 932 475

7. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

We have 27 'bum freezer' stage jackets in black with burgundy lapels & cuffs, with gold trim, made by Handleys and in excellent condition. Various sizes, £50 each. PM me if interested. I live quite near Bradford, so could bring them for you to look at if you want.

8. £15200's worth of jackets?!! Hope nobody ever spilt anything on them!!:eek:

9. MattB

MattB Member

Can highly recommend MArtin at Centre Stage Uniforms. We've just had some of the 'traditional' braided jackets from him, and the quality, service and turnover time from point of order were fantastic. The price is also incredible and far cheaper than any other supplier you'll find.

For blazer- style jackets visit Fanfare North. Dave's stuff is high quality, very reasonably priced and his customer service is second to none.

10. Playabit

Playabit Member

We have identical Jackets and they didnt cost £400 each, they are only blazers with a bit of trim...:rolleyes:

11. baritone horn

baritone horn New Member

The band is looking to sell these for around £600 the lot. Yes I agree somebody did give me the wrong figure of £400 each (I am not the Treasurer). We did however pay alot of money for these
    and they are in excellent condition. Nobody was allowed to spill anything on them - we were all measured for them and mine fit me perfectly at the time, not anymore! So go on and grab yourself a bargain - Steph would welcome some room in her little house.

Julia Goodwin 01799 584310

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Kind Regards Louise MD Bradford Metropolitan Concert Band
    Band jackets
    self funded band Hello
    uniform
  13. abracadeborah

abracadeborah New Member

Try the boys at Kroake (yourlogohere)

Fantastic service and value for money. Picked up their flyer at Butlins - embroidered blazers £32.50!
    Half the price that I could find anywhere else...

14. John_D

John_D Member

we looked at those at Butlins as well. Wasn't impressed with the quality of those on display though. Quality may cost a little extra, but will be worth it in the long run.