Band in Recess

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by P_S_Price, Jul 27, 2010.

1. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Hi,

Our Band has gone into Recess for the summer - (ie all practices cancelled although Sunday Services still covered).

I would however like to keep playing during the summer.

I am based in Rochdale, and am happy to play any of the following:

Tenor Horn, Baritone, Euphonium, Tenor Trom, EbBass.

(Can at a push play 3rd cornet. Cant read Bass clef, cant fill BbBass).

Obviously SA Bands dont contest, so I dont have a section, but I will admit to being a Jack of all and master of none (I'm the guy that gets moved around to fill holes!), so 4th or 3rd section standard is probably about where I am at.

Sooo If you are a band based within about 5 miles, and need cover for Holidays of regular players, or are happy just to have a guest play at your practice, then I am your Man!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Recess
    Recess Hi
    Tenor Horn
    Tenor Trom
    Baritone
  3. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Hi Pete,

You are more than welcome to come to Littleborough Band rehearsals- we rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays at 7.45pm in our band room in Littleborough (not surprisingly :D).

We would be happy for you to play any of the instruments you have listed, but we are short of an Eb bass player at the moment, due to our principal Eb bass player leaving to join the army. So if you wanted to play Eb bass you would be particularly welcome :tup

We are a 4th section band. If you would like any more information, please PM me, or our website is www.littleboroughband.co.uk.

4. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Littleborough is definitely close to me, I will pop along on Thursday if thats OK. I can defo manage E flat for you.

One of my friends has been a member of your band in the past; Mark Silence.

5. tat

tat Member

Hi Pete,
    Your more yhan welcome at Whit'oth. We rehearse Tues & Thurs evenings 8-10.
    We are currentlyshort of a 2nd Baritone. Please let me know if your coming up.

Regards
    Dave

6. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

Hi Pete,

That's great, we look forward to seeing you- I have PM'ed you with directions.

7. Mofman

Mofman Member

Our Eb Bass Player is on his hols now for 6 weeks and so require a Eb Bass player.
    The Marple Band, obviously based in Marple, rehearse every Friday Evening conducted by Mr. Bob Wyatt.

If interested let us know via a PM so I can collect Bass from Players Home.

8. tat

tat Member

Thanks for helping us out on Saturday night Pete, much appreciated.

Dave

9. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

My Pleasure Dave. I enjoyed it. Thanks for Inviting me. You all made me feel welcome, but the standard of your playing very firmly put me in my place!

10. tat

tat Member

Pete,

I think your greatly under estimating your ability, your more than welcome to come and play with the band anytime you wish.
    Once again thanks for helping out.

Dave

11. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Hi
    Barnton in Cheshire may be a tad far but you are welcome. Send me a PM if you want details.

Gytha

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Recess
    Recess Hi
    Tenor Horn
    Tenor Trom
    Baritone