band fancy dress!

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by sparkling_quavers, Dec 11, 2002.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Has anyone got any original ideas for fancy dress themes for xmas fund-raising?

2. frisp

frisp Member

You could take a leaf out of Cherie Blair's book, she's just discovered 'the Emperor's New Clothes'. Very topical and in tune with our New Labour masters/mistresses (/stops rant) :evil:

On a more serious note, aren't most band uniforms fancy-dress enough for the non-banding public? Otherwise, dressing as turkeys sounds good and play "Good King Turkeys-last" (after soup, prawn cocktail and a very light fish dish, but no Christmas pud to follow obviously) and "God Rest You, Merry Turkeymen" (what wage-rich turkey-pluckers do on the 25th December). :oops:

3. spookybiking

spookybiking Member

Cartoon Characters

Get people to try and dress up as there cartoon character and see if people know who they are???????

4. dave jake

dave jake Member

Two of you go as a Panto horse with Wonky Baton follgwing on trombone :idea:

5. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

hehe.. :twisted: unfortunately, no one would appreciate the joke..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

There was a suggestion of going as transvestites and cross dressing but it was decided to leave until we go to Rocky Horror Show next May.

7. How about having a United Nations night, everyone choosing a different country to dress as, that's national dress not the actual country!!!! Or Pokemon, that would get the kids interested, :)

8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i reckon the transvestites one sounds like a lot of fun....:p
    *completely unrelated* rocky horror is great.. go see!!!

9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

another year-old thread rescued from the depths of obscurity! :shock:

10. tewkeshorn

tewkeshorn Account Suspended

A couple of years ago my band did Snow White and the 25 Dwarves at a Xmas concert...

11. NeilW

NeilW Member

You must be able to do better than this "bunch of toons":

http://www.bcband.fsnet.co.uk/

(and before they take a contract out on me, yes, I do come from there originally!)

Neil.