Band Contests/Concerts on the Internet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by schilke, Dec 24, 2003.

1. schilke

schilke New Member

Do you think there is any chance of Concerts/Contests being played on line in the near future (in the next 3 years) look forward to your informed answers
    Schilke :D :D :D :!: :?:
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

My informative answer:

3. Active Member

As more and more internet users upgrade to broadband it is something that could be looked at, I'm sure.
  4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

concerts on the web

At least 2 concerts have already been broadcast over the web by the Cyberband, members of the brassband mailing list. I did the first one from an Internet Cafe in London with Nigel Horne conducting.
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i'm thinking it could open up whole new kinds of cheating in contests!
  6. Moy

Moy Active Member

OOOOO "New kinds of cheating"
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I can't see any reason why exisiting contests like the national finals couldn't be fed live over the internet.
    People online could then vote for their favourite performance and there coule be a "cyber" award from those votes to the best band!
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea new kinds of cheating...
    like the adjudicators having computers in the box so they can log onto the net and see what band is playing...

Maybe they already do that though! (only without the net bit) :shock:
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

or bands feeding through recordings on some parts, or using modulators to improve intonation...
  10. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

The BBC put Listen To The Band on the web for you to hear all week if you miss it. but seems it's only half an hour long now I don't see much point. GMR Brass ten times better.
  11. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Interesting idea, but I don't think anything could beat contesting all together in one grand arena. The visual area (band presentation, etc) is all removed.
  12. onedrummeruk

onedrummeruk Member

Even Better

Playing the piece from your own bandroom and not bother going to a venue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

but what about the drinking session afterwards!!!!!!!??
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

I hear that the Harrogate band have their own bar :x :lol:
  15. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

So do we (well, the place we reherse at do! :wink: )
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Even better still - no waiting for the percussion to get set up :!: :wink: :lol: