Band Caps/Hats

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where to get traditional peaked caps for bands? (Army officer style, not baseball caps!) It's something I just can't find for sale on the net! Plenty of those American Shako style hats, but thats not what I'm looking for.

Also, if your band has them, how much should I expect to pay for them?

THanks! :D
  2. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

3. Bassment Jinx

Bassment Jinx Member

God i hope we dont get them, our MD would probably want them to be bright yellow as well! :roll: :lol:
  4. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Didn't know that contesting bands still wore caps - thought it was just us strange Salvationists!

Paul Drury
    Eb Bass
    Edinburgh Gorgie SA Band
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I know Crewe Co-op Band still wear them for the Whit Friday Marches

courtesy of Crewe Band's website:

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea Bugle Band have something very similar to that...
    Seen several band down south who do the March at Bugle Contest wearing hats... Looks very smart, and needless to say those bands get high marks for presentation
  7. Trigger

Trigger Member

I think it's safe to say that we wouldn't!!! :lol: The jackets are a bit much, but can you imagine Solent in bright yellow caps!! We are a unique band, I'll say that much and I don't just mean the jackets! :wink: :lol:
  8. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

You could always just buy 30 SA band caps from SP&S
  9. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I'm sorry if I offend them, but Crewe co-op's caps look ridiculous.
    The band look as though they should really be carrying crates of milk rather than instruments. And has any body told that guy at the front that his head is on fire ! :shock:
  10. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

That guy is none other than my old friend Roy Sparkes, the celebrated baton twirling, adjudicating Milkman.

11. robbie

robbie Member

lol... you dont have 2 wear them... but we will have 2 4 the whit fridays!! :roll:
    personally i wish they set the whole lot on fire :lol:
  12. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

I think you can get these hats and more at
    I say this because it is my now seperated, wifes, company.
    I don`t mind her making money. REALLY.
  13. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Just another point, if you have got them, why not wear them at an open adjudication, deportment entertainment contest?.
    Bound to get you loads of extra points :lol: .
  14. Iluvsellers

Iluvsellers New Member

I would like to see my favourite band, SELLERS wear hats. I think that they look great and all the other bands would be really jealous of them.
  15. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

16. Iluvsellers

Iluvsellers New Member

Also good for putting on the floor and catching coins in when things aint going so well.
  17. jimothy

jimothy Member

Just to set the record straight, Crewe Co-op have not worn caps on Whit Friday since before the end of the last century. That photograph of Roy Sparkes in front of the band was taken in 1997, which was the last time we wore caps on Whit Friday.
    Jim Britcliffe
    Secretary, Webmaster, Photographer, 2nd Horn, seventh longest serving member
    United Co-op Band (Crewe)