Ball Gowns

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by imthemaddude, May 22, 2005.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

It's my graduation ball on June 2nd and I haven't got a dress! I've looked all over for a nice ball gown but need some more suggestions. Anyone know where I could get one from?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    ball gown
    Anyone
    graduation ball
    Ball Gowns
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Debenhams usuallyhave some nice ones...that's where mine was from anyway, it's nice and stuff.

4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Have you tried Monsoon? They do some really nice ones at a reasonable price! Good luck! Hope you get sorted & have a fabulous time. :)

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Try any bridal shop. Most of them now cater for proms, graduations ect.

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Have one made? I did that once. Get exactly what you want.

Or if there's any vintage clothes shops round about, they're usually good for a trawl round.
    BMB
    xx

7. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I got mine from Debenhams too. The website's quite good.

8. ju33les

ju33les Member

I was going to suggest Monsoon too:)

That's where I got my wedding frock from:biggrin:

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Oooo yes there's a lovely green one in there at the moment, I tried it on, all was looking good. Then loked at the £160 prize ticket and had to run out of the shop quite pronto!

10. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

If you want to be daring, try Ebay - I was looking at dresses on there a few days ago and there are some really really nice ones! Of course, you do run the risk of it not fitting then you're stuck with it.

My friend swears by Coast for her dresses (and most of her wardrobe) but the again she has her dad's credit card! Nice though.

11. ju33les

ju33les Member

Hope you took it off first!!;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    ball gown
    Anyone
    graduation ball
    Ball Gowns
  13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

hehe yes, no stealing from me. I went next door and bought a £28 one instead!

14. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i have to admit i did get my prom dress from ebay (classy bird me :p). well i figured i'd look around the shops... they were all so expensive, and i'm never gunna wear it again... EVER! plus i wanted one in midnight blue... i couldnt find one anywhere! so i got mine from ebay for the grand total of... £30.. so if you want a dress that looks nice and doesnt cost the earth, and you probably wont wear it again, try ebay!!!

15. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

And I was going to suggest Monsoon too. The dress that I got married to was beautiful :biggrin:

16. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

not that you could tell...

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I hope that's not sarcasm!!!!

18. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't know how.

19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

hmmmm :-?

Anyway as naughty Keppler has taken this off topic, I'll moderate it back on (!) and agree that Coast have some lovely dresses....

20. Hollso

Hollso Member

For my prom last week, I wore a Chinese dress.
    www.ancientmoods.com or www.chinesemoods.com are great places to get some dresses. They look good and you can bet no one else will be in your dress!
    You can also try ebay, if you're interested in going oriental.

21. mad_female

mad_female Member

TK MAXX is worth a try they have a large selection of ballgowns starting at about £30...just an idea if you are on a budget

Rhian

22. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

The three young ladies to my right (the horn section) all graduate this year.

I graduated (as a mature student) two years ago.

They've all asked me what they should do about nice gowns/dresses. My advice was that they should wear the 1982 interview suit. Did for me....

But none of them were even born then....:redface:

(Hell's teeth - I've just realised that the second oldest player in the band is 12 years younger than me, the same age as my 'baby' brother.... where's the old and wrinkly smiley????)