Badger Strikes it Lucky...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Jun 4, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Badger totalled her car on Saturday afternoon (see pix below). It seems the brakes failed at a crucial moment on a bend and we ploughed into a wall and a Jeep. LittleBabyBadger was brave above and beyond the call of duty and still managed to flirt with the firemen. Thankfully we all walked away from the accident with nothing more than cuts, bruises and a touch of whiplash. Aren't airbags a fantastic invention?
    BMB, Glad to be here still.

Attached Files:

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Blimey... Glad ur all ok... can be quiet a shock to the system when you're involved in an accident.... take it easy :)
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You poor thing! I'm very glad that you and LittleBabyBadger are ok and escaped without too much harm, crashes are horrible.
    Be careful watching Topgear tonight

(were the firemen pretty?)
  4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Big grateful hugs, Badger. Thank heavens you're all OK.

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Awww mate - I hope this accident hasn't knocked all the hillarious and witty remarks (sometimes in jest of me :p) away!

Seriously.. I hope you're fine! :) Sure you are tho - you're made of stirdy stuff m'lady ;)

Love the Bunny
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ouch - looks nasty. Glad you're all ok BMB.

At least you're now safe to enjoy the World Cup! ;)
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Crikey BMB, glad to hear you are all OK after what looks to be a scary incident.
  8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Glad you are unharmed, but on the bright side. It was only a Daewoo. ;)
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ow ow ow. Looks nasty BMB. I'm glad to hear everyone was OK and that only metal and paint was damaged, and the flesh and blood inside was relatively unscathed.
  10. bigmamabadger

Been to Doc this morning and am signed off work for a bit and given loads of painkillers... LBB and EDB seem to have got off more lightly.
    Not sure if firemen were pretty or not, didn't see much of them unfortunately, but they did give us a bottle of water which was very nice.
    In fact all the emergency services (and I think we were only missing the Coast Guard) were absolutely wonderful. Calm, reassuring and professional. The police have seixed the car pending a forensic examination so this is going to rumble on for some while, just got to sit tight and wait to see what happens.
    Must admit to feeling rather emotional and shaky still, so thanks for all your comments etc (except Rapier :tongue: :tongue: poor Daewoo!) and I shall just say I love you all and you're all my best mates. Going to have some time off so don't worry if you don't see me for a while.
  11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Ah, but we do worry badger! You're one of the few (no disrespect to any user) I can genuinely say 'tmp isn't the same without you' even if it is only for a while. Have another {{{{{{{{hug!!!}}}}}}}} in the meantime.

Get well soon.

12. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

Hope you're OK and soon feeling better, like Dave says the place aint the same without you BMB.

Oh and I hope the Police don't find you were to blame, I can't honestly think that a lady driver would be anyhow.!

You were certainly right about airbags, my daughter got out of her car with a cut on her knee..
    Take care BB3
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- aw, poor badgers ... whiplash or damage to paws and tail? I'm sure you will recover quickly and be scampering about shortly! :cool:
  14. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

awwwww badger you certainly were i lucky one, how many lifes does a badger have? Hope you are ok xx
  15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hope you and all the other associated badgers are ok BMB. Looks like a nasty prang.
    Yes, good old Jordan for inspiring the air bag. :clap:
  16. bigmamabadger

Went to see my Remedial Massage Therapist this morning. Have done a fair amount of (non-fatal) damage to my neck, but will be OK with exercise and sense. He's an ex-paramedic himself and gave me a list of all the horrible things that would have happened if I hadn't had an airbag, given the impact must have been about 50mph.
    Cannot stress the wonderfulness of airbags enough. Although I do have a nasty bruise on my arm but at least it's not a ruptured aorta...
    Back to work next week. Oh the joys of VIth Form at exam time.