Bad band haircuts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Flugelatbr, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Flugelatbr

Flugelatbr New Member

Thought this one might be a larf. Know of any really dodgy haircuts. precontest ones or others.

Mullets seem to be back in the Salford Area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

At my old band, the flugel player once complained she couldnt see the conductor because my hair 'looked like a palm tree' :?
    I call it the just got out of bed look. :D

And if mullets are coming back...god help us all! :lol:
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

There were a few interesting hair cuts at the West of England area on Saturday! :lol:
    Really can't explain one of them.... it was crazy, lol...
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

was the western england facial hair styling in evidence?

...mutton chops forever...
  5. Scotty

Scotty Member

When our Eb Bass player played with Whitburn he went on stage at the open with no hair. He shaved it off with a razor on the morning of the contest and ended up cutting himself. Then went on stage with a massive blue plaster on his ear!!
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

At our Areas I nearly didn't recognise HomocidalBennyBoy - forget the flowing locks on his current picture, think more "GI Joe" :shock: :!:

(Sorry, Benny :oops: :wink: :lol: )
  7. Dave1

Dave1 Member

We seem to suffer from pre contest crew cut syndrome - every contest I've conducted Tullis at the front row have appeared with newly shaved heads. Don't know why - is it a front row thing ?? :shock:
  8. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

:shock: Not in my band!! Maybe that's because three of us are girlies!
  9. Lisa

Lisa Member

Don't suppose it was Nik_the_Insane by any chance?? I know it is apparently tradition for him to do something crazy to his hair before every contest!
  10. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Our third man always seems to have crazy braids in his hair before a contest.
  11. horn1

horn1 Member

I once dyed my hair red, blue and purple before the area!! A few years ago I admit
  12. I don't know what you mean! I thought mine was quite tasteful! sort of blonde stripe down the middle with and orange stripe either side then one side blue and the other side green, it clashed quite well with our burgandy jackets :)
  13. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: I remember seeing you at the bar Nik! Didn't know it was you though...
    Noooo, the one I speak of was really mad... basically this guy wouldn't have been able to wear a cap! :lol: played flugel (very well may I add)... I forget which band though:? Michelmersh or Helston I think
  14. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

I once saw a guy with an afro on the contest stage... u have no idea how cool that was!!!! i spent the whole of their performance starin at the guys hair... it was amazing!!!!

maybe it was spray on.................
  15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If anyone's seen Simon Dobson (Zone One Brass) his dreadlocks are quite striking :wink:
  16. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Im sporting a really bad mullett at the moment. I broke with band tradition and didnt have a pre contest haircut for the area.

Didnt go down too well BAD JUJU MAN BAD JUJU!!!!!!

I think a visit to the barbers is in order this weekend.
  17. Naomi McFadyen

I'll have to have a look out for Simon... havent seen his hair recently... he was still getting the right length when I saw him over the summer...

18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

A band i played a couple of jobs with (can't name names to protect the innocent) there is THE :shock: most amazing combover...EVER!!! :D :shock: :D :shock:

It starts half way down his back and just keeps going!!
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

But then there's an old saying about people in glass houses and all I'll stop here on this subject I think!!
  20. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

But he certainly wasn't the first to bring a degree of crust to the contest stage.