Backworth Colliery Band Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by bigcol, Nov 22, 2007.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth Colliery Band - Newcastle

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Backworth Colliery Band are looking for two cornets (1 front, 1 back) to complete our line up for the forthcoming contest season.

The band rehearses on Tuesday night and Sunday morning at Backworth, which is easy to get to by car, metro or bus from the local Newcastle/North Tyneside.

We have a number of concerts, contests and activities planned for 2008 and our friendly band would welcome any player young or old.

Any enquiries can be made to me via PM or web@backworthcollieryband.org.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Backworth
    Backworth Colliery Band
    @backworthcollieryband.org.uk
  3. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic BBb Bass player and a back row cornet.

Instruments can be provided (especially BBb bass where we have an almost-new instrument for the lucky person).

Any enquiries can be made to me via PM or web@backworthcollieryband.org.uk

4. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth are currently looking to take on a few more younger players in both our senior and junior bands. Now's the time - school is nearly over and the summer is here.

The junior band rehearses on Fridays and caters for junior players of all abilities from complete learners to the more established players. The senior band is especially keen to attract one or two younger cornet players who want to learn from playing with our experienced and friendly band. The senior band rehearses on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings.

We only 10-15 minutes away from Newcastle, Whitley Bay, North Shields, Blyth, Cramlington and transport can be arranged for suitable players.

Any enquiries can be made to me via PM or colin@vauxhall-senator.com or 01670 790 412

5. GeordieSop

GeordieSop Member

If you need any help for any concert or contest (contest rules allowing and if my band are not doing them) i can help you out on cornet or soprano.

After all the band room is 3 minutes from where i live

You have my number and facebook

6. bigcol

bigcol Member

Cheers Ross - our sop player has just got out of hospital so that offer is great timing.

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth Colliery Band are looking for a Bass Trombone player to complete our trombone section (and band for that matter).

We are based in Backworth, Newcastle and are easy to get to by car/bus/metro.

Might be just the sort of thing new students to the area are looking for?

Any enquiries can be made to me via PM or colin@vauxhall-senator.com or 01670 790 412

8. bigcol

bigcol Member

Backworth Colliery Band are looking for a first trombone player to complete our trombone section, as our existing principal is moving out of the area after the nationals.

We are based in Backworth, Newcastle and are easy to get to by car/bus/metro.

Any enquiries can be made to me via PM or colin@vauxhall-senator.com or 0792 115 1148

9. polwarth50

polwarth50 New Member

Backworth Colliery Band requires a resident Musical Director.

We seek an MD who can take the band forward through a varied concert and contest programme, and – for specific contests – work with our Professional MD.

We seek an enthusiastic MD, a good communicator, who can advance our playing standards, help us progress from 4th section, and continue development of our young players.

The Band currently rehearses on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings in Backworth, near Newcastle upon Tyne.

Visit our website at http://www.backworthcollieryband.co.uk for information.

Please contact Michael Fletcher on 07785 310076 for a chat or to apply in confidence, email michael.polwarth50@googlemail.com.

10. polwarth50

polwarth50 New Member

Backworth Colliery requires Front Row Cornet

Require an experienced Front Row Cornet in our aspirational 4th section band.

Busy concert and contest programme.

May be able to offer instrument for use.

We currently rehearse on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings in Backworth, near Newcastle upon Tyne.

Information at http://www.backworthcollieryband.co.uk.

Please contact Michael Fletcher on 07785 310076 or via michael.polwarth50@googlemail.com.

11. polwarth50

polwarth50 New Member

Backworth Colliery Band is pleased to announce the appointment of Tony Griffiths as Resident Musical Director.

Tony has been a frequent guest conductor with the band over recent years, and we know he will continue the band’s tradition of development and take us forward from the successes we achieved at DCBBA and Butlins in 2008/9.

Tony offers extensive experience as a player, band trainer, and conductor, and we look forward to a rewarding and enjoyable partnership.

We can also confirm that Duncan Beckley has been engaged as Professional Conductor for 2010 Butlins contest and 2010 Area contests. Tony will conduct the Borders Entertainment Contest and Durham League this autumn, and work with Duncan to prepare for 2010.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Backworth
    Backworth Colliery Band
    @backworthcollieryband.org.uk
  13. polwarth50

polwarth50 New Member

Backworth Colliery looking for Cornets

Now under the direction of our new MD Tony Griffiths, Backworth Colliery require experienced cornet players on Front Row and Back Row to complete the team for the coming contest schedule.

We rehearse on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings in Backworth, near Newcastle upon Tyne.

More information about us at http://www.backworthcollieryband.co.uk.

Please contact Michael Fletcher on 07785 310076 or via michael.polwarth50@googlemail.com.

14. polwarth50

polwarth50 New Member

Backworth Colliery Band looking for Basses - Eb and BBb

Backworth Colliery Band require bass players, both Eb and BBb to complete our line-up for 2010. Experienced preferred, or with an aptitude to learn fast. Instruments can be provided.

We're now rehearsing a great piece for our 4th Section Regional Contest in March, and have a fun concert programme during the year.

We rehearse on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings in Burradon (NE23 7NL) near Newcastle upon Tyne.

More information about us at http://www.backworthcollieryband.org.uk/

Please contact our Band Secretary for details: Natalie McLean on 07801 991550, email backworthcollieryband@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks.