Backstage refreshments anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

The Jacques Loussier Trio stipulate that concert venues must provide them with a Steinway grand, a piano tuner to stay until after the interval and that backstage they are provided with smoked salmon and chilled white wine before and after the performance.

What would you like if you were in that position where all your whims were catered for?
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Speaking from experience Mezzy?
    Were you that piano tuner?

I would like a nice young masseuse to help me limber up before going on.
    And after - nice cold lager and a vindaloo :D
  3. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

What I'd like, and what we used to get........

I remember with stomach-churning fondness doing the obligatory local agricultural shows.....dreading some old lass coming to the band....
    ...pulling the conductor's trouser leg as we played, precariously balanced on the foul smelling farm trailer (back in the '70's..and the local teen lads walking backward and forward in front of the band...'cos they could see right up the 1st horn's skirt)... announce that the refreshments were ready....two potted-ferret curly sarnies and the weakest cup of lukewarm tea.......aahh, them were't days.

...and then I discovered the beer tent.

4. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Half a pint of Pear Cider : )
    I am an easy person to please!
  5. BrianT

BrianT Member

Years ago the University of Warwick Orchestra accompanied the Jacques Loussier group (don't remember if it was a trio...) in a concert which was a try-out for a concept album he was writing called "Pagan Moon". I've still got the cassette somewhere... And not a canapes in sight (not for the trumpet section anyway.)
  6. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

hehe i would have a bowl full of just blue m&ms, a glass of lemonade, no ice and not too cold, a nice comfortable chair and a plate of fairy cakes :p
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

smelly candles, a big bowl of minstrels and malteasers. a mini fridge stocked with only Gallyheyho (Ernst Gallo) white and zinfandel rose and a few bottles of red on the side just incase i couldnt make my mind up..

A huuuuuuge tele stocked with the sex and the city and friends box sets

Big fluffy pink chairs (see pimp your bandroom thread)

Then i want my own bathroom with a huuuuuge jacuzzi bath and the whole room has to be white with big pink fluffy towels in it...

I don't think Im too fussy

p.s i forgot, i would want some cakey goodness as well, maybe chocolate brownies
  8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

With so much to do in your own personal green (or should that be pink) room will you actually have any time to play in the concert?:p
  9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hmmmmmm good point! I will also need a stunt double to play in the concert, whilst i drink wine and eat malteasers.

Quick, hurry up *snap snap*
  10. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Can I play in your band PLEASE? :)
  11. leisa

leisa Active Member

Of course!

There are a limited number of places, due to me not really wanting to share my wine but applicants are welcome :)
  12. Di

Di Active Member

Whatever you do, don't request a nice relaxing Sauna!

Been there, done that, couldn't play a darn note in the rehearsal which was unexpectedly moved forward an by an hour. :redface:
  13. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

A bar that sells hand-pulled real ale at every job. Also sausage rolls and pork-pies.
  14. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I like the bit about hand-pulled real ale. Ive been to a few of those jobs in the past. Very good they were to. A curry and a nice masseuse to be nice.:biggrin:
  15. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Decent call - but...
    Come on mr pork pythagoras, this is a fantasy situation!
    You don't want to BUY your beer!!
  16. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I would quite like to have a free restaurant backstage, with your own dressing room and free musical technology before performing.
  17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

A dressing room that smells lovely (as opposed to musty or sweaty), Cold (not lukewarm) drinks be they alcoholic or soft (obviously not tea or coffee) and a good selection of fresh sandwiches and cakes...... think I'm asking for too much???;)
  18. Egg mayonaise sandwiches with the crust cut off. Thats all i want!
  19. leisa

leisa Active Member

Oooo thats a good idea. Egg mayo sandwichs and a bowl of quavers - yum!
  20. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

on the subject of quavers, does anybody know if you can still find those delightful prawn cocktail flavour quavers. I was addicted to them when i was younger.

That would be another thing i would want backstage, an endless supply of PC quavers, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm