Back Row Cornet Player

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by robcornet, Mar 25, 2008.

1. robcornet

robcornet Member

I am looking for a band in the Hull area in the lower sections to compete with. I usually play 3rd cornet but have played 2nd cornet with The Cottingham Band. I am currently playing with Barton but not enough places available for me to compete.

If any band has any places available please let me know.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Back Row Cornet Player
    Hull
    The Cottingham Band
    Barton
    Cottingham Band
  3. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Can I add that Rob is a top bloke and a true bandsman. While I conducted at Cottingham, he gave 100%, even in the darkest days.

A worthy addition in any bandroom.

4. omega56

omega56 Member

If you dont mind a bit of travelling, the Shepherd Concert Brass Band would welcome any cornet players over here to York ,we are an ungraded band although we will be registering as a 4th section Band in the near future and we only rehearse once a week (wednesday) we have a full diary of summer performances and joint performances with our Senior Band one of which is in Selby Abbey check out the website www.shepherdbrassband.org

cheers Ian

5. omega56

omega56 Member

ps
    we will be competing at the Easingwold March contest, Hardraw Scar,and probably the Malton Brass contest

6. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Can I suggest Swinton and District Excelsior?

They are a 4th section band near the market town of Malton in North Yorkshire - not too far from Hull.

I played with them for five years and they're a great bunch.

They're doing the area this coming week, followed by Hardraw Scar, Whit Friday and Malton Entertainment Contest this year.

Contact details can be found on their website: http://www.swinton-band.org.uk/