Back Row Cornet Feature

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mofman, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mofman

Mofman Member

Hiya all,

Our conductor has asked the back row (2nds and 3rds) to do a feature. Any suggestions of what we could play? Nothing too difficult please – Remember we are back row players! :)

On a scale of 1 to 10 and 1 is Easy and 10 is Hard, I would like something say 6 or 7.

Look forward to the suggestions.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Back Row Cornet Feature Hiya
    Row Cornet
    row players
    rds
    nds
  3. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Miss Otis Regrets - arranged by Andy Duncan. Brilliant.

Or another suggestion also arranged by Andy is The Water is Wide. That is exquisite. Both probably available via his website I think.

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

You could try Bugler's Holiday or the Three Jolly Sailormen (If your front row hasn't down them to death...) or Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines.

5. Seaweed

Seaweed Member

We played Mexican Holiday which features all the cornets, its a good starting point to getting the confidence in to the 2nd and 3rds.... :tup

6. Mofman

Mofman Member

Thanks for those, however, I can't seem to find Miss Otis Regrets. Do you have a link to its whereabouts?
    Cheers

7. Posh

Posh Member

We used to do a piece called "Barbie" as a feature for the girlies, although we had one bloke who ended up playing it and dressed up in drag at our annual Christmas concert. He even went to Oxfam for a pair of shoes! The audience loved it, our band secretary not so much.....

If you haven't got it but fancy a blow through we can get the music to you as your MD lives nearby.

8. Mofman

Mofman Member

Sounds good. That's very kind of you. Could we take up the offer then and for you to make the arrangement dropping the piece off etc...?

9. Al

Al Member

10. Posh

Posh Member

No problem. My husband's just on his way to our bandroom and he'll give Kevin a ring later to arrange dropping it off. It's a cheesy little number but our audiences used to love it. It's also got 4 split parts to feature both 2nds and both 3rds.

11. Mofman

Mofman Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Back Row Cornet Feature Hiya
    Row Cornet
    row players
    rds
    nds
  13. Mofman

Mofman Member

Blimey, you have your husband well trained!!
    Thanks for the help.

14. toptutti

toptutti Member

There must be a copy of Padstow Lifeboat collecting dust in the back of the cupboard you could try

15. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Andy has definitely done an arrangement. Was talking to him about it last night!

16. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

Yesterday features the whole of the cornet section and also the Himes Amazing Grace has a back row feature.

17. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Agreed about Mexican Holiday my cornet section love it

How about Luck Be A Lady?

18. rosolino

rosolino Member

Jeannie with the light brown hair - Howarth ...... Great for back row no matter what section you're in!

19. Mofman

Mofman Member

Thanks all. I'll put this list in front of our conductor tonight.
    Many thanks again.