Back in time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jo Elson, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Just thought I'd remind everyone that the clocks go back tonight so we all get an extra hour in bed, or maybe an extra hours drinking time!
    Also if you did forget someone might arrive early for an engagement or something tomorrow, and then you would look stupid!
    It's so exciting we get to go back in time and re-live a whole hour!

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

whoohoo! Extra hours drinking! Sounds good to me! :lol:
    I did forget, despight being reminded the other day... so, thanks for the reminder! :D

The thought of re-living the previous hour had never gone past me before... interesting! :p

3. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Yep, extra drinking time! Iits my sisters 21st Birthday dinner tonight! :lol:

4. faerie

faerie Member

I get an extra hours sleep before getting up in time to leave at 6 for the Top Up fees demo in London.

Joy. :D

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I remember when I first got married I put the clock forward instead of back, okay for me but I was awakened by my new devoted husband phoning me and he was not best pleased. He was supposed to be somewhere for 7 am but because I put the clock forward an hour he was there at 5 am. We are still married :shock: and I have never made the same mistake since.

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

gives me an extra hours sleep before watching Ireland take Argentina apart in the rugby... should be able to jump and down a bit more!

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

good i get an extra hour be for driving to sunny Wales

8. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

The wierd thing was, I went to bed late last night because I knew I'd have an extra hour yet I ended up up waking earlier than normally, and I couldn't get back to sleep!?!Maybe if I ask the timekeeper very nicely to put everyone's clocks forwards , I could try again next weekend!?!

9. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

hmm... was a bit close for comfort really - Argentina are better than a lot of people give them credit for.

I didn't forget, and put my watch back nicely, but then forgot to put my alarm clock back, and was still woken up at 6:30 - an hour early for the match.

much swearing and gnashing of teeth...

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm not one to be biased but...

some of the things the argentinians were trying to get away with were a disgrace. Flailing fists in the rucks and mauls, and the way their hooker collapsed like a train had hit him when keith wood pushed him out of the way (ok, so that would be similar to a train hitting you, but did he have to hold his face?)

[Rant over]

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    someone
    something
    clocks
    bed
  12. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

methinks he was looking for the penalty, cos Wood was *very early.

anyway - back on topic please!