Bach Strad Flugel

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by malrep, Apr 8, 2009.

1. malrep

malrep New Member

New Bach Strad Flugels - lacquer or silver finish - been told lacquer sounds better, is this true???

2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Doubt it! Depends on the player....I'd be more concerned with build quality being an issue in the sound created than the finish. ;)

3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Not "better"; not "worse", either; just "different".

As with all instruments, the finish is just one of the many factors that influence the sound characteristics, and the only real consideration is "does this instrument give me the sound that I want?"

Go try them ...

4. Flugelgeoff

Flugelgeoff Member

Why Bach Strad? Have you researched the available instruments. I agree with above, the sound will be what you produce not necessarily the instrument! The varying instruments may however have intonation issues. I recommend thorough research before purchase.
    Geoff

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I have a Bach Strad, and I have to say that it's far inferior (in my very humble opinion) to my Courtois. Definitely try a few things before you buy, and if you're set on a Strad, send me a pm, as I could be persuaded to part with mine (probably) for a reasonable price.

6. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Or mine!!!

7. dizzystinker

dizzystinker Member

If your budget can stretch to it try an Eclipse. I have had mine for 6 months now and it is sooooooo good!

8. Flugelgeoff

Flugelgeoff Member

Any one got an opinion on the le blanc arturo flugel? Thinking seriously of buying one.