bach 5g wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Steve, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Trying to get my hands on a Bach 5G large shank trombone mouthpiece on the cheap.

If anyone has one that isnt too battered then please drop me a line either here or by PM.

2. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

3. timbloke

timbloke Member

try a kelly 5g plastic one if you want one cheap - £10 - £15.

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

kellys are fine for what they are (plastic and dont get cold outdoors) but they just dont hit the spot for me for general playing.

Looks like Duncan has sorted me out though (still trying to convert me to full time trombone bless him)

Thanks for the response, will re-post on this thread if I am still in need.

5. timbloke

timbloke Member

As I discovered yesterday. Got to band a few mins late and feeling v. cold, so thought it a wise idea to use the Kelly as I didn't have time to warm up (so at least the mouthpiece would be warm even if the instrument wasn't). But I just couldn't get the same accuracy or control with the plastic one to with my Bach one. Even with it a little cold, it was a lot easier on the proper mouthpiece. I've had the plastic one for a couple of years, and it was the first time I've really noticed the difference.

6. Bunnymonster

Bunnymonster Member

I got my Bach 5G when I was 11 - I'm now 30 and still play on exactly the same one! I wouldn't swap it for the world!