BABB features in Kneller Hall Concert series - Wednesday 30 Jun 10

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by WagTheStick, Jun 14, 2010.

1. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

For the first time in the 153 year history of the Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall a Brass Band will take centre stage for one of the traditional outdoor concerts. The British Army Brass Band will present a 'Party in the Park' type concert on 30th June starting at 8pm (gates open a 6pm for picnicers) on the legendary 'rock' bandstand.

The programme will feature brass band works from the pen of composers such as Wilby and Lovatt-Cooper, classical greats from Bernstein and Respighi along side a plethora of World class soloists. The finale, Pines of Rome, will be accompanied by a spectacular fireworks display.

The band formed in 2007 has featured at numerous high key brass band events and recently added to the ranks from Black Dyke, Cory, Leyland and Desford Bands to name a few.

A season of concerts is mounted at every year at Kneller Hall through 7 weeks in June and July. The concerts are great summer entertainment and open to the elements: bring your own picnics and refreshments, blankets and chairs. Seating is provided only for members of the audience that purchase a season ticket with a seat option at the time of sale. Tickets are just £10 or £8 for concessions. Further details are available from or call 020 8744 8633.

Credit and debit cards accepted. Book early to avoid disappointment.
    (Tickets available now)

Free tickets are available for injured personnel and ex servicemen plus one carer

• Gates open: 6.00pm
    • Concert starts: 7.50pm
    • Concert ends: 9.40pm (approximately)
    • Adult tickets - £10
    • Concessions (under 16s, OAPs, students, MOD90 holders and residents in TW2 area) - £8.00
    • Season ticket with chair - £40
    • Season ticket without chair - £36
    • 2 adults and 2 children (aged up to and including 16) - £30
    • Season family ticket (2+2) - £150
    • Group bookings - 10 +1 go free
    • Free car parking

Payment in advance by credit or debit card, or on the gate subject to availability.
    By post with cheques payable to The Accounting Officer MOD

Concert Secretary
    Royal Military School of Music
    Kneller Hall
    TW2 7DU

Attached Files:

2. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Featured charity is The ABF - The Soldiers Charity
  3. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Please see attached poster for the BABB concert

Attached Files:

4. MartinT

MartinT Member

This was a thoroughly enjoyable evening - the first time Sueperc had been to Kneller Hall, and the last time I was there was 15 years ago (MoominDave's work experience, would you believe?!?).
    Unfortunately we missed the pre-concert entertainment by Great Western Youth Band, but were treated to some fine playing in a well presented concert by the BABB.
    Sueperc tells me she'll never be able to listen to "Pines of Rome" in quite the same way again :). Next year I'll take her to one of the regular military band concerts, which have a slightly different flavour (apart from the obvious aspects) to them.
  5. englishgill

englishgill Member

I really enjoyed it too. It was my first Kneller Hall concert but I suspect it won't now be the last. Pines of Rome was fab - even if it was the third time I'd heard/played it in 4 days after helping out Natural State Brass Band from the who were over on tour from Arkansas! A great advert for brass banding and superbly supported by the Great Western Youth Band - well played guys!