BA tour of LA

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Highams, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Highams

Highams Member

The British Airways Brass Band will be touring Los Angeles, USA, from November 1st.-8th. as guests of the Golden State British Brass Band, with guest Willson Euphonium artist Charley Brighton as soloist, conducted by Major Colin Reeves.

It would be good to meet up with any tmp members in that area.

Tour details are here;

Best wishes, CB.
  2. trombo

trombo Member

Say Hello to my friends-Linda & Norm with your host band in LA. Enjoy their hospitality. i have known them for over five years via the internet and visits over here to the Clifton & Lightcliffe Band in Brighouse.

Enjoy the experience!

trombo(Steve Ford)
  3. Highams

Highams Member

Thanks Steve,

They came to rehearsal a few weeks ago, they had been over here on a couple of Summer schools.

4. MarkGillatt

MarkGillatt Member

Give a big smiley hello to my old boss Major Colin!!!:D

He was my MD in the Adjutant Generals Corps for a time, a nicer bloke you couldn't hope to meet, although his humour is quite dry! lol A Top Bloke and a damn good musician!
  5. Highams

Highams Member

Got back yesterday afternoon after a fantastic tour of LA, which included a last minute visit to the Kanstul factory in Fullerton, CA.

Great concerts & audiences and just the best welcome ever from our US hosts!

Some early pics here;

6. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Glad you all had a good tour.
    Had a nice surprise today when I bumped into Ian, Alan and Paul at the Lord Mayors Show :p .
    Catch you all again soon,
  7. Highams

Highams Member

Thanks Jason, I left out the best bit!

On our outward bound flight (though up in first class of course) was Jennifer Aniston of 'Friends'.

She smiled at me as she collected her luggage (lol).