B&S PT-3 CC in the UK (but will ship worldwide)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jonathantuba, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Jonathantuba

Jonathantuba New Member

I am selling my B&S 3097 rotary PT-3 CC which dates from 1992, being inspected by Mr.Tucci on 2nd July of that year who noted in his book, "It is a pleasure to see the quality of workmanship and finish as the months go by." Despite its age, it is still in pretty good condition. Lacquer on the front is almost perfect, but it does have some marks on the player’s side and signs of past repair, although they do not detract from it much. I have had other musicians making comments showing that they obviously believe it is a new tuba! :) It has no appreciable dents – any previous ones where taken out by Mark Carter at Mr.Tuba before I purchased January this year. It has carry hooks and lyre block added for marching use and a Saturn water key added to the bottom of the main tuning slide.

It plays very well indeed with good tone and although a fairly small CC with 16.5” bell, can produce a surprising big sound. I have supported a 45 piece band alone playing this tuba.

The valves all work very well, are fast and quiet and have never once stuck during my use!

I am selling, as replacing with a larger 19" bell PT-20 customised to my specific requirements.

Price is £3,250 GBP (3,650 Euros, 5,400 USD) including a very nice less than one year old German gig bag in hunting green. Located in central southern England, I will ship anywhere in the world at buyers expense.

Enquiries to Jonathantuba@gmail.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jonathantuba

Jonathantuba New Member

Here are some new pictures of the PT-3 which I played only couple weeks ago with my band in France on the Somme for Armistice Day (11th November) which confirmed what a fine playing tuba it is. I would be tempted to keep as a 'spare', but as I am now engaged to marry next year, really cannot afford to keep! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]