B&R say ‘thank you’ and announce new Bass signing

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by cbridge, Mar 18, 2007.

1. cbridge

cbridge Member

Brighouse and Rastrick Band would like to publicly thank the many people who have congratulated them on their recent victory in the Yorkshire Area contest.

Musical Director Alan Morrison was overwhelmed with the response from the public. Commenting on the reaction he said ‘On behalf of myself and the band I would like to publicly thank literally the hundreds of people who have contacted me and the band in the past 10 days or so since the band won the Yorkshire Area Contest at Bradford last week, with messages of congratulation.

It is wonderful to know how many friends we have and how many people were touched by the performance and result. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank all members of the band for their hard work and also the management committee and other peripheral associates for their unstinting support.

Additionally my personal thanks go to 3 very special friends that helped immensely in my preparations for the contest. Primarily to my Associate Conductor Richard Evans who visited us twice the week before and not only gave us the benefit of his advice but also helped motivate the whole performance. Special thanks also go to Stan Lippeatt and Dave Lea who both had a substantial input.

B&R hope this is the beginning of a true `purple patch` for the band and we are mindful of our responsibility to our supporters and friends. Thanks again to all of them.’

Following the success at Bradford, the band say goodbye to long serving B flat Bass player Simon Martindale who leaves due to work commitments. Joining to replace Simon is John Beaumont who comes from The Fairey Band. John lives in Doncaster and is an avid Doncaster Rovers fan. He is very fond of travelling and supports his beloved Doncaster all over the country at away games.

Commenting on this signing Alan Morrison went on to say ‘I am delighted to have signed John. His experience and exquisite tonal quality will boost the band even more after the Area win. I would also like to place on record my sincere thanks to Simon Martindale for his dedicated service over the years and look forward to seeing him around the bandroom still as an active committee member and contest secretary.’

The band are currently in preparation for their massed bands concert with ‘The Buy As You View Band’ (soon to revert back to their traditional ‘Cory’ name) from South Wales and guest conductor Frank Renton which will take place in Huddersfield Town Hall on Saturday 24th March at 7:15pm. Tickets are still available from David Howe on 01274 725332 or via email at david.a.howe@btopenworld.com.

John Ingman
    Publicity Officer
    Brighouse and Rastrick Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alan Morrison
    Richard Evans
    B&R
    Simon Martindale
    Brighouse