Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by IYOUNG, Mar 22, 2004.

IYOUNG Member

having just got back from Huddersfield and the massed bands of B&R and Sellers concert at the town hall can anyone enlighten me on Sellers Flugel?

Her playing in the solo Send in the Clowns was for me and the others who joined me was the highlight of an excellent concert.

Thank you to both bands

2. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

what do you want to know about her? :wink: she's called Natalie Atwell and she's a star :)
  3. Steve Atwell

Steve Atwell New Member

Couldn't have put it better myself!!!!
  4. NAS

NAS Member

Awwww... how soppy :p . Hope your well mate!

IYOUNG Member

Not after any info :oops: just wanted to recognise the fact that we thought the performance was the highlight of the evening.

as you say a real star.

6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i'll pass on ur message tonight at band! :lol:
  7. CRat63

CRat63 Member

Couldn't agree more. Natalie is a fantatsic player with an unbelievable flugel sound. About time some credit was given on here for some brilliant playing - it was indeed the highlight of the concert!

8. when I was about 10 I played 2nd cornet in what was the old Rochdale Youth Band, and Natalie was on flugel. I remember listening to her in Rochdale Music Festival and thinking "wow" :!: .... she's always had a beautiful sound, so it was lovely seeing her get so much credit at the weekend. She's a beautiful player! Welldone Nat!!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Can I endorse those who've spoken of Natalie's flugel playing? I've just been listening to Sellers' cd "American Landscapes" where, in addition to her solo "Scarlet Ribbons" she has plenty of other opportunities to shine.
    (I'll try and post something more about the cd in Reviews when I have time :wink: )
  10. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

YEY!! We love Nat! Excellent player and she's lovely.

11. deave

deave Member

Nat - Beautiful !!

sorry steve