B&H Sovereign Bb Cornet - Superb Condition

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jenster99, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jenster99

jenster99 New Member

I have a beautiful Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign Cornet which I played and cherished for many years, including some in the National Youth Brass Band. It is in excellent condition with it's original silver plating and only 2 very slight dings which are hardly noticeable. The serial number is 619446 which suggests it was made in about 1978. I think it is a 920 or 923 model but I am not 100% sure. What I do know is that it has a lovely rich tone and would make some progressing player very happy.
    I have owned it for the last 25 years but rarely play it these days and think it is time to let it go!
    You can see lots of pictures on ebay (ends Jan 10th in the evening) or respond to this post and I will answer any questions. I will try to add some pics here too.
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Jen

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sovereign Cornet
    Bb Cornet
    B&H
    Boosey & Hawkes
    National Youth Brass Band
  3. kristen63

kristen63 New Member

That cornet seems to be in absolutely superb condition! I own one of those but not quite as slick as yours.
    It is a 920 model Sovereign by the way and I can't believe you are letting it go!

A rare find on ebay these days. In my opinion the best medium bore cornet Boosey & Hawkes ever built.

The 920 differs from the other Sovereign models in that its based on the B&H older top model cornet: The Imperial.

Kristen

4. jenster99

jenster99 New Member