B&H Eb Sovereign Sop

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Nov 3, 2008.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

What were these like to play compared to the new instruments of today? Not the **** one with the dual recievers! :rolleyes:

I just saw one on ebay and it looks radically different to the Sops of today! Its got the tuning slide on the bell pipe
  2. sop 1

sop 1 Member

awful don't waste ur money! buy a second hand schilke if ur gonna buy anything! :biggrin:
  3. Steve S

Steve S New Member

The **** one with the dual receiver? I've been playing on one of these pieces of
    **** for a long time now and have no complaints. Think you may be a bit misguided
    or really not know what your talking about!!!:rolleyes:

Funny how these instruments seem to be going for inflated prices on ebay now certain
    people have realised that they weren't so bad after all.

It's true to say that Sop playing relies more on the player than the instrument!!!! So if
    your searching for the answer in an instrument then your barking up the wrong tree!:rolleyes:

4. Agree with that. Horrible instrument. Even a beaten up Schilke is better.
  5. brownrob

brownrob Member

Well, I had one with the dual reciever, but the one I had was terrible... I got it on ebay... it was so sharp on bottom D I had to put the 3rd trigger out fully, while E on the bottom of the stave was flat... go figure... Also I must mention that I didnt realise the swear filter would cut out cr*p, its nothing worse I hasten to add...
    I since have purchased a Xeno and while Im never going to be as good to play in a band like Kirkintilloch, please do not insult my lack of knowledge but I can tell the difference in night and day between the Xeno that I own and the Sov that I used to own...

My old international was even better with intonation

Im very sorry if I have offended you...

Aspiring sop player currently in Grade 4...