B&D new march & hymn tune contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by hornydevil, Jun 8, 2015.

1. hornydevil

hornydevil Member

As part of our 175 anniversary celebrations Blackburn & Darwen Band are to host a special march & hymn tune contest. This will take place on Sunday 13th September starting at 12pm in Darwen Town Centre. With over £3000 of prize money to be won, the contest is open to all band in any section. Please contact secretary@blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk for further details or visit our website at www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk. This promises to be a great day out for bands and families alike. Lots of restaurants, pubs and cafes are within a short walking distance of the contest venue. A special covered stage will be available for band to perform. Entries being taken now.
    March Flyer.jpg

2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Although I couldn't attend due to health reasons, taken from a friend who did and played in one of the bands, you and B&D band are to be congratulated on an excellent and well organised event. I hope to see a recurrence of it next year if I can beat the thing that is making me ill.
    The full results are now on A4B here :-

Blackburn & Darwen March & Hymn Contest

Congratulations to the winning bands.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice