Awesome 16-piece trombone choir gig

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by DanB, Jan 7, 2007.

1. DanB

DanB Member

Dear all. I've organised a superb line-up for a 16-piece trombone choir, getting together for an incredibly worthwhile cause. Please see following press release - and PLEASE come along and watch the gig... If anyone needs any further info, or is moved to do something for this charity (as I was), please do get in touch with me.

TOP TROMBONISTS JOIN FORCES FOR CHARITY

Date: 28 Jan 2007 at 19:30
    Venue: Y Theatre, East Street - Leicester
    Tickets: £10
    Box office: 0116 255 7066

Some of the UK’s finest classical and jazz trombonists are joining forces to form an awesome 16-piece trombone choir at Leicester’s Y Theatre on Sunday 28 January.

Included in the line up are:

All four members of the Syd Lawrence Orchestra trombone section.
    Roger Harvey and Dan Jenkins, BBC Symphony Orchestra.
    Lindsay Shilling, principal trombone of the Royal Opera House and London Brass Ensemble.
    Chris Fower, former Grimethorpe bass trombone and now London-based pro.
    Jim Gribben, principal trombone Central Band of the RAF.
    Well known Midlands-based pro Stewart Drummond.
    Freelance / session stars Tim Smart and Chris Hickman.

The trombone choir is directed by bass trombone legend Bob Hughes, LSO and session player featured on such films as Star Wars and Pirates of The Caribbean.

The group will be sharing the stage with PLC Brass - this exciting new ten-piece ensemble draws players from some of the Midlands’ finest brass bands and is lead by professional cornet / trumpet player Peter Collins.

All the musicians are giving their time for free in support of T.R.O.M.B.O.N.E.S, which stands for: The Relatives of Murdered Britons Overseas Needing Emergency Support. The charity was set up by the family and friends of Matt Fulham, a young trombonist from Hinckley in Leicestershire who was killed by a suicide bomber in Egypt on the eve of his 18th birthday. Please see www.matthewfulham.org for more details.

This event is supported by Leicester based Foresters Brass 2000. Please visit www.forestersbrass.co.uk.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Matt Fulham
    T.R.O.M.B.O.N.E.S
    Bob Hughes
    Stewart Drummond
    Leicester
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Folks, I'd just like to add my vote that this really is a great cause - if you can get there, please, please go along. Looking at the talent on show I'm sure it'll be a great night.

4. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Unfortunately it is a bit too far for us to get along to, but all the very best for the evening - I hope it goes well for you, it sounds like a great cause.

5. DanB

DanB Member

Yes bit of a journey from Gloucestershire! Plus thanks for the message of support Ian - your conductor used to teach Matt... would be great to see some of you Wigston guys there on the 28th.