Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Di, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Award #17 - Band of the Year - tMP Best Band Award

Please nominate which band - in your opinion - has been the 'Band of the Year' during the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear which band you nominate and why. Please state the reasons why you are nominating this band. You can, of course, nominate your own band, or another band, but proper reasons must be given as to why your chosen band should be considered. We need to be clear about your choice.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.

Please read the tMP Awards Guidelines before making your nominations.

Thank you and happy nominating. :)

Remember : Nominations DO NOT require seconding! :)
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I nominate Jersey Premier Brass.

An exemplar of how to run an a self funding organisation with huge costs every time they compete anywhere.

Add that to adding the L&SC 1st Section Crown to their 3rd and 2nd section wins in the last 5 years, and it all racks up very impressively.
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I think Cory had quite a succesfull year...
  4. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Im going to say Black Dyke. They won Yorkshire Regionals, 2nd at English Nationals and 6th off draw 1 at Open and they won the national as well as a fantastic Epic Brass Concert. They have been in fine form all year and it came good for them in London.
  5. bbg

bbg Member

I'm going to be very parochial here and give a shout for our very own Perthshire Youth Brass - growing and developing all the time, last week they put out a band of 33 under-16s (including no fewer than 4 basses, and a soprano cornet - without any overage help) all of whom display a level of willingness to learn, virtually 100% rehearsal attendance and an appetite for playing that would put many a "big" band to shame.
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'd second Cory.

1st at Euros
    3rd at Nationals
    3rd at the Open &
    1st at Brass in Concert
  7. Lyndon Price

Lyndon Price Member

I would like to nominate City of Cardiff band. Even though they have been our rivals this year, their excellent achievements in local welsh contests, and a stunning result at the national finals, make them worthy nominees for this award

Come on you taffs

Lyndon Price
    MD Bleanavon Town Band
  8. DobX Dave

DobX Dave Member

Band of the Year ~ well it has to be Black Dyke.

Overall they still have that magic word ~ consistency.

This has been proved for over 40 years to my knowledge.

Ask yourself one question ~ “if given the opportunity to join or dep with Black Dyke would you take the challenge ?" ~ I did many years ago ~ only as a dep though ~ I was made to feel really welcome and the adrenalin rush that I had when I first put the jacket on was a memory that I shall never forget.

Before many tMP's wonder whether I am a Pondasher ~ the answer is no, I do however appreciate banding at all levels, but as mentioned, Black Dyke just has it all ~ another point to ponder ~ you never get many empty seats at any concert or contest when they are performing !
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread locked: nominations have now closed.

Watch out for the chance to vote in the polls which will shortly be set up ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.