Award #15 - Band CD/DVD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Di, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Award #15 - Band CD/DVD of the Year - tMP Gramophone Award

Please nominate which banding CD/DVD - in your opinion - should be the recipient of the theMouthPiece.com 'CD/DVD of the Year' award - the 'tMP Gramophone Award' for the last 12 months NB. please only nominate CDs released in the period Nov '07 to Nov '08, and please do not nominate Solo CDs - there is a separate award category for those!

Please ensure you make absolutely clear which CD/DVD you nominate.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.

Please read the tMP Awards Guidelines before making your nominations.

Thank you and happy nominating. :)

Remember : Nominations DO NOT require seconding! :)

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Although I still have to buy the CD (... promise ... I will do very shortly!) I have to nominate the Fodens release of New Music For Brass Band for the brave choice of recording original works from our genre. Even more so for the studio recording of Prague.

3. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I would like to nominate the Paul Lovatt Cooper CD 'Walking With Heroes', It's a fantastic recording.

4. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

I will second the Paul Lovatt-Cooper CD Walking With Hereos brilliant cd.

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Clears throat noisily...

;)

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I'm not nominating anything.

Though if I was to, it'd be for the Fodens recording that might already have been mentioned.....possibly....so I wouldn't risk the wrath ;)

7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I would like to second the seconding of the Lovatt Cooper album :biggrin:

8. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

i would like to noiminate Foden's cd New Music for Brass. This is probably one of the most enterprising recordings to come onto the brass band catalogue. I cannot think of a time, since Eikanger's recording of Howarth's music probably, of quite original programming. Infact, I was instrumental in getting it noticed by BBC R3 and they broadcast a track on their Saturday morning programme CD Review. I have continously bombarded the BBC for air time for brass bands. It was good of them to programme this particular cd.

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

It's already been nominated.............................

10. RobBari

RobBari Member

Acteon, by Cory. superb

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Year - tMP Gramophone Award
    CDs
    DVD
    CENTER
    tMP Gramophone Award
  12. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Essiential Dyke Vol VIII. Superb disc, even though its entertainingly easy on the ear music.

Dyl could you just put my post about the Foden's disc, re the bit about it being R3?

13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've now got my copy of the Fodens CD and a couple of others. No hesitation in recommending this one for my pick of 2008. Buy it ... it's an album that you won't tire of listening to. Plenty variation in playing styles, tonal colour and attention to detail :cool: :tup

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread locked: nominations have now closed.

Watch out for the chance to vote in the polls which will shortly be set up ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.