Award #10 - Best Contribution (post or thread) in Random - tMP King/Queen of Random)

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Di, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Award #10 - Best Contribution (post or thread) in Random -
    tMP King/Queen of Random)

Please nominate who has, in your opinion, made the best contribution to randomness and who should be the recipient of the 'tMP King/Queen of Random Award' on tMP for the last 12 months.

Please ensure you make absolutely clear who you nominate.

To make your nomination, please simply reply to this thread or to nominate anonymously simply PM any of the tMP team who will then add your nomination to the list.

Please read the tMP Awards Guidelines before making your nominations.

Thank you and happy nominating. :)

Remember : Nominations DO NOT require seconding! :)

2. leisa

leisa Active Member

3. leisa

leisa Active Member

and Mr Guiness
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

Moomin Dave as well
  5. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Active Member

The queen of Random is Steve Butler with his short funny one-liners in almost every thread on tmp.
    Best Insults from Conductors was a good thread. Also Putting unleaded in diesel by Robhibberd (was that this year?) got more and more random as it went along...
  6. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Is there a Prince of Random award? :biggrin:
  7. Di

Di Active Member

BMB for her post in the tetris thread.

8. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Active Member

Mrs Fruity for her posts. 2 examples I found were posts103 and 105 in the Brass band Romances. She always makes me laugh and Steve Butler needs some competition!

Here and here . :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  9. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

The Butler man is definitely my favourite for random queen, closely followed by leisa and mezzy and BBM because his spelling is so erratic - it staggers across the page like a blind, 3-legged cow in a hummocky pasture!
  10. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I think for the thread thing, Chunky's "Why do people insist on repeating" thread is very existential. Definitely one of the best random threads ever.
  11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

After reading some of Mike's contributions to the caption competitions I would have thought this is a no contest. MikeLyons is surely King of Random.
  12. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Worryingly I find myself in the rather uncomfortable position of being, for the first time ever, in total agreement with Mike Lyons!:eek:
    Go on the Chunkymeister!!
  13. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

In answer to the unasked question "How many Why do people repeat information already posted? threads does it take to change a light bulb the answer must be: A Sausage

Chunky is therefore the undisputed king of the random thread for inspiring such offbeat thinking.
  14. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Actually I think Chunky should get it for his Why do people repeat information already posted? thread!
  15. leisa

leisa Active Member

dont repeat yourself stevie!!
  16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

remember folks, this is a nomination for best post in a random thread, not a random thread...;)
  17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

But it says "(post or thread)" in the intro...... am I wrong??:confused:
  18. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Active Member

We just can`t help ourselves...its an affliction that usually is most common among the bass players but is sometimes seen in flugalists/ex flugalists.:frown:.(Not you of course!).
    Hopefully a scientist is hovering over a burning test-tube as I randomly type and there will be a cure by next February 2nd. With shaking hands (my case is too far gone -sob sob-) I would like to nominate my virtual friends and fellow sufferers for consistently reducing me to tears over the last year; in no particular order - S Butler, M lyons, Hells Bones, DMbabe, Mr Wherryman, Leisa, Mr Guiness, Chunky, with the singoff between Andy Wooler and Moomin Dave.:D
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I think the title needs changing then, Ian.

Award #10 - Best Contribution (post or thread) in Random -
    tMP King/Queen of Random)

...rather implies it could be a thread or a post, but not a person - despite most of the nominations herein.
  20. Di

Di Active Member

I think the point that Ian was trying to get across was that THIS thread was going rather off topic and that it is a nomination thread and not a random thread. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.